Thursday, February 19, 2009
I think cell phones, while a nuisance at times, are very important…why?
Because for busy moms and dads with older kids, staying in touch should be and is a priority. Cell phones provide not only a safety net for kids when the need to get in touch with someone ASAP, but they also allow them their own measure of freedom and responsibility. Now, that being said, I think that a parent who provides their tween or teen with a cell phone while not monitoring or keeping track of what they are doing with it is just asking for $300 phone bills. So, what is the happy medium between giving the kids a phone and letting them use it however they want and not giving them a phone at all? Kajeet. Bless you…no no I didn’t just sneeze; it’s a company…Kajeet! It is a prepaid cell phone service that is made especially for kids, and allows the parents to have some measure of control over what their kiddos are doing (including how much time they spend talking).
I recently had the opportunity to try out Kajeet (using their Sanyo Katana II) and I think it is a great service. First you buy your phone, activate it and get your phone number…all of which are easy (and since I am saying this you know it must be true!) Once you get your phone all you need to do is unlock it (it took me 3 minutes) and add some money onto the online “wallet”, give it about 10-15 minutes and you are good to make your calls. The online managing is easy for parents, just log in and check what you child has been up to and who they have been calling…you can even block certain numbers. The plans that they provide are also very affordable and range from pay as you go to $30 a month which includes 300 minutes. Want to add something else? Kajeet also offers 1000 night and weekend minutes for $9.99 a month as well as a GPS service which can find your child whenever you want (the first month is free and then it is $9.99 after that).
I definitely think this service is the way to go for parents who have tweens or teens; by giving them a cell phone you help insure their safety and you promote independence and responsibility, but you also get to keep an eye out on what they are doing and who they are speaking with…a win win in my mind and hopefully yours!
The Giveaway: Enter to win a Sanyo Katana II; a $100 value + $5 Free Airtime!
To Enter: Go to Kajeet and check out the plans or the phone, then come back here and let me know what you liked.
BONUS ENTRIES-After you have done the manditory entry:
* Subscribe
* Tweet
* Stumble
* Digg
* Blog about this contest with a link back to Life Starring Ellie and Eve
* Donate to The Ark Adventure
Labels: contests-giveaways, kids, mom, review











89 comments:
The GPS Phone Locator service sounds like a blessing for many parents. Especially if you can block or password protect the option to disable it.
*Crossing my fingers for a very low random number to get generated! :)
I am subscribed to your e-mail updates.
Thanks!
I love that it has unlimited parental controls, gps tracking and one of the cheaper plans comes with 3000 text messages! ~:) Thanks - great prize!
sounders68 [at] gmail.com
My favorite is the LG Rumor Blue.
The GPS phone locater seems really helpful. Its the best part I think. Count me in!
Wow, they have so many cool phones to choose from. It's hard to choose just one.
I like LG Rumor in Black color
Samsung m300 is sharp in red!
I subscribe!
I'd feel secure with Kajeet phones because a child can call 911 OR his/her parents at any time, without extra charge.
Great giveaway. Thanks!
I'm an email subscriber.
tweeted this giveaway!
http://twitter.com/nape9393/status/1228715744
I love that they have a plan with only 10 minutes. I'd love for my tweener to have an emergency phone. What a great idea.
I'm a subscriber! Yay me!
The GPS locator would be awesome! And the parental controls would be VERY nice. My 11 year old daughter would probably love the Sanyo Katana II in pink! :)
ljatwood at gmail dot com
I like the parental controls on the phone.
The Samsung Katanya Ultra Slim in Pink.
I would get the pay as you go plan, for sure, because dd would only use it for emergencies when she is away from me.
I'm subbed in google reader!
I like that there is no installation fee.
I'd like the parental control. My daughter is 15 and I like to know she's safe.
I checked their coverage map to see if they have service in my town. they do. Hurray! I love the GPS service they offer!
I Tweeted
twitter.com/maybemama
I blogged
http://juryreview.blogspot.com/2009/02/chance-to-win-free-cell-phone.html
i like the Standard Text Messaging part
I love the GPS locator for sure. That is an important feature. I like the black LG Rumor best.
This phone could work in lots of situations. Sounds like a winner
charisscharity[at]yahoo[dot]com
I like the LG Rumor (Blue).
Thanks
I love that it has a gps on it! hawkgirl_16@hotmail.com
I like Kajeet for a first time phone for kids because it is inexpensive, no contract and has all the parental controls with GPS.
i subscribed
i like that theres pay as u go.
delorezb@yahoo.com
My 2 boys are 11 and 14.The parental control is necessary.I am a subscriber.
I like that the phones are inexpensive but come with many great features, like GPS tracking. They are pay-as-you go, which is great for first time cell owners to learn how to budget their minutes.
I love the GPS Controls and I love the No Contracts part of it too...Thanks for such a great giveaway this is just what I have been looking for. My tween could use this, without me worrying about the bill...
shellbell574(at)yahoo(dot)com
I subscribe via email. Thanks!
shellbell574(at)yahoo(dot)com
My daughter would like the Pink Sanyo Katana II
abfantom (at) yahoo (dot) com
Love the GPS features
I love the Parental controls and the GPS locator.
These phones are such a wonderful idea. I love that you can help watch how many minutes are used.
Thanks so much for this giveaway.
I'm subscribed. Thanks again.
I like the inexpensive plans and parental controls so I can ensure my child is using the phone responsibly.
I love that this cell phone teaches
responsibility by creating separate allowances to decide who pays for what, you or your kid with WalletManager. Very cool! : ))
Thanks so much for this give~away! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
And, I TWITTERED about this give~away.......user name: leahita.
http://twitter.com/leahita/status/1256068739
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I like the unlimited text for $29.99
rosans4@comcast.net
I subscribe
rosans4@comcast.net
I have been wanting a Kajeet ever since I first learned about them. I think it is super terrific for children and my husband and I recently decided we think our oldest son who is 9 should have one. There are so many features of the Kajeet that make is easy for the child to use, and provides with parents with such great peace of mind because they can be in control of the child's usage every step of the way! I love the Gold LG Rumor phone but think any of the models are wonderful for kids! What is neat about the LG Rumor is that it has it all, phone, keyboard, camera, MP3 player, parental controls, wow, all the bells and whistles! Thank you so much for the opportunity to enter!
joannaonthelake@gmail.cp,
I am subscribed!
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I Twittered too! Here is the link to my tweet:
http://twitter.com/joannaonthelake/status/1258651572
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I Stumbled! My username is joannaonthelake
Here is the link:
http://joannaonthelake.stumbleupon.com/review/30617601/
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I Posted a Digg! My username is joannaonthelake and here it is:
http://digg.com/gadgets/Life_Starring_Ellie_and_Eve_Have_a_Teen_or_Tween_Kajeet_Ce
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I a few things I like are the GPS locator, the no contract and no activation fees, and my favorite phone on the site is the LG Rumor (Blue).
The ultimate plan sounds great!
The parental controls are fantastic.
I like the GPS locator, my son is constantly running around and away, but he has always wanted a cell phone! This would work for both of us!
The GPS locator part is a great idea and very helpful.
unlimited parental controls is a wonderful feature
I like their pay as you go plan. Might help instill some responsibility in them
also subscribed!
tweeted you!
http://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/1264320550
this looks like something i could use!!
I love the GPS feature.
I tweeted your giveaway! (My username is @ThriftyJinxy)
I like the GPS feature.
I tweeted your giveaway! (My username is @ThriftyJinxy)
This is a great phone for a child.
I like this phone because of the GPS locator.
The GPS locator would be useful for elderly people too.
This phone is a great idea. thanks.
The GPS locator is a cool feature
The GPS locator would be nice for when I travel.
I'm a subscriber.
I like the parential controls and the GPS. garrettsambo@aol.com
i love that you can Create separate allowances to decide who pays for what, you or your kid with WalletManager.
im a subscriber klp1965@myfairpoint.net :)
Phone is great an added plus anyone can add minutes. The GPS is a safty feature,you can always check where they are
Thanks
I subscribe
matternu@aol.com
I love the online account management for parents and also the GPS - we definitely need to keep track of our kids :)
Love the unlimited package and the option to be able to monitor everyrthing from who they message and who they call!
We subscribe via email!
I want to give my granddaughter a cell phone.
I love the fact that it has a GPS locator. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com
I like that it has GPS on it which would be a great thing for my son.
I am subscribed thru Google reader.
The GPS locator is my favorite aspect of this. Thanks!
I like the GPS locator.
I subscribed to your blog.
My 12-year-old granddaughter lost her prepaid phone recently, and I am looking to buy another one. I love the unlimited text messaging service that Kajeet offers! The cost of the phone is reasonable too. Thanks for the heads-up on this company.
I subscribed with RSS to my yahoo page.
I am following you on twitter and tweeted at http://twitter.com/SecondStory/status/1267337070
Post a Comment