Monday, February 2, 2009
Whenever I feel the need for a little pick me up I tend to turn towards chocolate or make-up, and since make-up is the healthier habit I tend to
pick that option more often. It never actually occurred to me to look to see what was in the make-up that I was using, but when I had kids I started paying more attention to what was in the everyday things I use. Now, I am not all the way green, but I try to be green in small ways. So, off I went in search of organic make-up, with little hope of finding something that I would like and that would actually look good. Well I have once again both proven myself wrong and out done myself at the same time. Why? Because I found Nvey Eco…an organic make-up line...who knew that wearing carrots could ever look so good?
I had the opportunity to try out their Lip Lustre in Seduce Me…I have to admit to being slightly wary because it looks brown in the tube. I don’t wear brown shades, I go for the reds, but when I put it on, I noted that it wasn’t a brown, more of a mauve…and it
smells like chocolate! So I put it on and noted that my lips felt like I just put on a nice coating of chapstick, but it’s even better because I had a nice soft coating of color as well. I also had the opportunity to try out their Moisturizing Mascara and I like it a lot. It left my lashes feeling like I wasn’t wearing anything, and they weren’t stiff like they usually are with other mascaras. I should note that the mascara doesn’t really build up your lashes so it creates a more natural feel; if you are looking for the dramatic long lashes it won’t give you that. I also got the chance to trying their Moisturizing Liquid Foundation. I have to admit that in general I don’t have time for foundation, but when I looked in the mirror one morning and was greeted my the raccoon version of myself I decided to give it a try. It went on really smoothly, and felt a little like lotion. Unlike a lot of other foundations, it is
pretty sheer so while it didn’t totally mask my under eye circles, it toned it down enough to make it pretty unnoticeable, and it left my skin with a natural look a feeling...give me slightly sheer and natural over caked on and flaky any day.
So overall I really liked this line. It definitely has a fresh appeal to it; you’re not going to be finding really crazy colors here, and it is great for someone who is going for the natural enhanced look. The “she looks great, but is she wearing make-up?” look; and for busy moms on the go, that is the look to strive for!
The GIVEAWAY!!!
NINE people will win a Nvey Eco lipstick valued at $28.00. Yup, do the math on this giveaway! TO ENTER: Go to Nvey Eco and look around, then come back here and let me know what your favorite product was or what you like about their products. ENDS FEB 14th @ 8.00 PM EST
BONUS ENTRIES:
* Subscribe
* Follow in Blogger
* Grab The Ark Adventure button and put it on your site.
* Donate to The Ark Adventure ![]()
Labels: contests-giveaways, mom, mom-cosmetics, review











265 comments:
I like the organic creme foundation
My favorite products is the Organic Creative Eye Color System!
I like the organic compact powder. I'm trying to get rid of the harsh chemicals in my life and my children's lives, so I think this makeup would be right in line with my goals.
TRigell at aol dot com
I am a happy follower.
TRigell at aol dot com
I would loooove this: Organic Creative Eye Color System
I like that they encourage you to "exchange" your containers and give you something in return too!
I don't wear a lot of makeup but I definitely like brown Organic Mascara.
I really like that they have the Exchange program similar to the one M.A.C. has. As far as their products, I would love to try their Cake Eyeliner.
whitneyleann07@hotmail.com
I like apricot organic blush, such a pretty color.
I'm a subscriber
I'm a Blogger follower.
I'd love to try the Organic Creative Eye Color System. I'm always looking for just the right eye shadow.
I follow
I like the organic cream foundation--it sounds like it would feel really good! I also love the brushes. I'm obsessed with makeup brushes.
racheeb at gmail dot com
I'm now subscribed to your site! love it!
My favorite is the Organic Cake Eyeliner.
Organic Eye Shadow looks good, I love reading the ingredients on all the products, so secure is the feeling when its wors such as Vitamin Chamomile, Nettle.
Lovely site, thanks
I am subscribed
I follow you
I like their Organic Lip Treatment!
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I like makeup, so I'm so there at their website. I like the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up, cause I can always use a concealer
juan_hurrican (at) yahoo (dot) com
I like the organic creative eye color system.
i could not decide so ill go with a gift bag lol Every Occasion Gift Set ty for chance to win :)
i have RSS feed
I'd like to try the Organic Erase Corrective Makeup for Eye. Thanks.
I like the organic creative eye color system.
I would love the Organic Creative Eye Color System
I would love the Organic Liquid Foundation!
Thank you for the chance!
I follow!
;-)
I Subscribe via e-mail!
I put The Ark Adventure button on my page!
i like the organic compact powder, but that's just my fav. kind of powder.
I would love to try the foundation!
It's organic! I like the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up. Thanks for the giveaway!
I like the Organic Moisturizing Liquid Foundation
brn2lisn (at) gmail (dot) com
I love Nvey Eco for being so eco~friendly, and my favorite product from them that I'd love to try is their Organic Lip Treatment! : )))
Thanks so much for this give~away! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I really like the real red shine lipstick.
I subscribe.
i am a follower as well.
I think I would like to try the correction foundation. I have dark circles. ybutler@oppcatv.com
I am a e-mail subscriber. ybutler@oppcatv.com
i'd like to try the Organic Powder Blush!
I like the Organic Mascara.
I subscribe.
I follow.
the Organic Powder Blush - #957 Peach Pink
I would love the Organic Creative Eye Color System.
nancymn2003@yahoo.com
I like that their cosmetics are certified organic! Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
I am a subscriber to your site. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
Not sure if my first went in:
I love how natural all the makeup looks! I would like the creative eye color system.
thanks!
kristacular
I would like to try the Organic Lip Exfoliator, my lips are always dry in winter
I like the Organic Eye Shadow and they even contain vitamin e.
Thanks!
1bmore @ gmail .com
I really would love to try the Organic Powder Blush. Thanks so much!
I like the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up.
traymona[at]aol.com
I like the Organic Creme Deluxe Foundation. Thanks for the great giveaway.
I like Organic Mascara for my sensitive eyes.
cal_rubies(at)yahoo(dot)es
Have the ark adventure button!
cal-rubies(at)yahoo(dot)es
I would like to try the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up. Thanks!
The Organic Erase Corrective Make-up sounds nice.
I'd love to try the Organic Mascara. I need something because my eyes are so sensitive.
Organic Eye Shadow (color # 172)
Alicia Webster
5webs@comcast.net
I like the Organic Creative Eye Color System.
I would also like to try the Creme Deluxe Foundation-the ingredients would be so much healthier for your skin.
Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca
The Organic Erase Corrective Makeup is my favorite :)
Thanks for the giveaway and please enter me!
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
I like the Organic Creative Eye Color System. Thanx for the contest.
I subscribe!
clogzilla(at)yahoo(dot)com
I need some organic lip treatment!
I'd like to try the Organic Creative Eye color System. However, I've never had a $28 lipstick. LOL Thanks for the contest.
My favorite product is the organic mascara. Anything to help my puny lashes.
Organic Compact Powder
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com
Love the organic creme foundation :)
ktgonyea at gmail.com
I like Organic Lip Exfoliator. Thanks
herry123_us@live.com
I like the Organic Mascara . thanks!
I like the eath colors of the Organic Powder Blush!
I like their Professional Make-up Brush Set
gkstratos@yahoo.com
Follower
gkstratos@yahoo.com
Love the organic creative eye color system, pretty shades
I'd like to try the corrective foundation
I like the organic lipstick in Dark Ruby.
I would like to try the Organic Erase Corrective Makeup.
I would love to try the Organic Lip Plumper. Thanks for the giveaway!
Hope I win this for my wife
I love the organic creative eye color system.
I like the organic lip exfoliator:)
I like the organic mascara, it's an item that's hard to find.
I am at an age where the Organic Erase Corrective Make Up would be something I could use.
i think my favorite... and they all look like good products... is the organic erase corrective makeup. that is definitely the one i would need! :)
I woud like to try the corrective make up.
barbaraeford@yahoo.com
I would love to try the Organic Lip Treatment. my lips are always dry & chapped.
Ellen
eering99@hotmail.com
I would like to try the Organic Cake Eyeliner. Thank you!
I am a subscriber.
I love the erase corrective makeup. I am adult acne at it's finest! augh.
thank you!
karissag at gmail.com
I have the button up!
http://prissygreen.blogspot.com/
karissag at gmail.com
donating now!
karissag at gmail.com
i would like to try the Organic Mascara.
imjessica(at)mail(dot)com
I love that NVEY does NOT test on animals. This is very important to me. Plus they don't use crazy fillers and petroleum products.
meredycat*lycos*com
I follow.
meredycat*lycos*com
I like the organic lip treatment
the organic mascara thanks for the giveaway
ooh organic makeup!! the Organic Powder Blshh sounds awesome too. Thanks!
shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com
I follow your blog.
shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com
The Organic Mascara sounds great to me! cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com
I love how eco-friendly this makeup is. It's hard to find makeup without harmful fillers these days. The Cake Eyeliner and Color System is awesome!
I'm already a subscriber- so thanks for this enty!
i like the organic powder blush!
I am a lipstick freak! Would love to win this. I like that their lip products are all moisturizing.
I'd like to try Organic Erase Corrective Make-up
I'd like to try the Organic Lip Plumper.
The organic eye shadow i would like to try in plum shimmer. thanks jacquecurl@gmail.com
I'd love to try the Organic Creative Eye Color System
I would like to try the Organic Creme Deluxe Foundation.
Organic Creative Eye Color System!
I would like to use Organic Creative Eye Color System
I would love to try your makeup
I liked the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up with a blend of Safflower, Jojoba, natural antioxidants and organic Castor Oil. Thanks for the terrific giveaway!
Kim
turtles8861(at)gmail(dot)com
I would love to try the Organic Lip Treatment.
knittingmomof3 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
I am a follower.
knittingmomof3 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
I am an email subscriber.
knittingmomof3 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Organic Lip Treatment
i like the brown organic mascara.
the organic mascara looks great
subscriber
Beverly
I like the Organic Mascara. They have many wonderful products.
Thanks for the helpful giveaway.
wofat1@lycos.com
Beverly
I'm a subscriber via email.
wofat1@lycos.com
I would like to try the organic lip exfolliator.
mondocane95 at gmail dot com
I subscribe!
mondocane95 at gmail dot com
I liked the Organic Creative Eye Color System
mitanari[at]yahoo[dot]com
organic powder blush
I would like to try the organic lip balm.
This would be a great gift for my wife! Hope I win! dukeofapes@gmail.com
That organic moisturing liquid foundation sounds like a product that I could benefit from...I have rosacea and the gentle formula would probably help my condition. I liked their one logo that says "Proof that green is sexy" also it is quite an honor to be the only company that has certified organic cosmetics! Congrats to them!
I subscribe under madmecyr at verizon dot net. Soon to change
I would like to try the organic compact powder.
I like their Organic Erase Corrective Make-up and believe me at my age I need it. Thanks for a great giveaway!
I'm a follower! Thanks!
trishden
I would like to try the Organic Lip Exfoliator.
I like Organic Cake Eyeliner.
annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com
The Organic Creme Deluxe Foundation is just what I have been looking for! I love their products! Thank you!
I subscribe.
I love the Professional Make-Up Brush Set
Im a subscriber
I'd like to try the Organic Moisturizing Liquid Foundation.
wow i realy think its also nice and i be willing to give it all a try even there founddation i well like whereing make up but i dont where it all that much becase i have real sinceativ skin and a nevercondishion that well when i brake out in hives it becomes verry uncometerbell to where make up but if giveing the right kind of make up maybe i can start whereing it again
The organic lip plumper is my favourite. I like getting bigger lips without cosmetic surgery. lol Thank you for offering this giveaway! eyeslikesugar [at] gmail [dot] com
I'm really into the fact that their products are CERTIFIED ORGANIC! Awesome giveaway :)
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com
I'd love to try the Organic Mascara. Thanks for the giveaway!
Organic lip cream looks great
My wife would enjoy this, thanks, titanicluck at gmail dot com
I like the Organic Compact Powder - it is derived from Jojoba Oil, Vitamins A, E and C, Chamomile and Corn Silk.
I subscribe in RSS.
Follow you on blogger
I've had the cream foundation on my wishlist for months! My cousin has it and highly recommends it, and she's a makeup artist. But, she has 3 sisters who get her extras. I'd love to have the lipstick. Thanks!
vac924@gmail.com
Happy subscriber here! Thanks!
vac924@gmail.com
My favorite item is the Organic Lip Lustre.
moochiness(at)yahoo(dot)com
I'd like the Organic Lip Lustre.
organic compact powder. i carry a compact with me everywhere
organic compact powder. i carry a compact with me everywhere
Organic Creme Deluxe Foundation, because I am always looking for good foundation and maybe this would be!
I like Organic Erase Corrective Make-up - conceals blemishes, dark circles around the eyes and other imperfections!
Thanks :)
I always have dark circles under my eyes....so the corrective Make-up would be awesome! Thanks for the great giveaway!
I like the organic cake eyeliner. Thanks!
lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com
My favorite product is I like the organic creative eye color system. Thank you so much!
I would love to try the eye shadow in seashell shimmer!
I would really like to try the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up.
I'd like to try the black Organic Cake Eyeliner!
I'd love the organic mascara!
Im a follower!
I'd like to try the Organic Lip Exfoliator.
I like that the products are organic. I will be visiting this site more often.
I love the professional make up brush set. thanks, justicecw@hotmail.com
I like the Organic Lipstick in Tinted Taupe.
I like you have organic mascara.
i would love to try the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up. I have a lot to conceal unfortunately! =(
LayDeeBuglove@aol.com
I really like the organic compact powder.
legab67156[at]gmail.com
I like that the lipstick is organic. Since I am constantly licking my lips, I know that organic is better for me.
I work under bright lights so the organic compact powder would be great to keep my skin shine-free!
I'd love to try the organic mascara, I've been having a hard time finding one I really like.
The creative eye color system. It's nice to know that the colors all go well together.
Organic Cake Eyeliner is something I would love to have!
mommyhoodisthankless[AT}gmail.com
I am a subscriber!
mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com
legacyofbrutalitysa{AT}gmail.com
I am a follower!
mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com
For my dark circles my favorite would be the Organic Erase Corrective Make-up
Subscribed by email
Following
My favorite would be the Organic Moisturizing Liquid foundation
I like the Organic Creative Eye Color System
I like the organic eye color system #6
thanks
adams006 at hotmail dot com
follower
adams006 at hotmail dot com
I am trying to eat more organic food, so I like that the makeup is organic. It will be better for my skin.
++++++++ article bonus +++++++++
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I like the organic eye shadows.
chloe826@yahoo.com
Organic Erase Corrective Make-up looks interesting.
madamerkf at aol dot com
I like the Organic Powder Blush
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
Article Bonus!
Many thanks to you.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
I would try the organic mascara!
stephanie_adkins@yahoo.com
Article Bonus! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I would love to try the organic mascara. Thank you!
I'm a subscriber.
I'm a follower.
"article bonus"
Love anything thats good for the enviroment. Please enter me, thank you
Post a Comment