Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a great story or article about Label Daddy labels. Why? Well because they are sponsoring a full sponsorship to Blogher for one lucky winner and a partial sponsorship for two others...yeah I know they are totally cool. I have thought of and discarded so many ideas it isn't funny...what's that??? You want to hear a few of the ideas that were scrapped? Alright here are some of my faves...



* Help Label Daddy I Married A Neat Freak!...all about my hubby finding a way to help me remember to clean...booorrrriiinnngggg

* The Top 5 (Unconventional) Uses of Label Daddy Labels...I liked this one because #1 was going to be "My Name Tag at the Blogher Conference: Victoria Arya-Sponsored by Label Daddy". Sure a total brown nosing attempt but you do what needs to be done.

* The Bottom 5 (Unconventional) Uses of Label Daddy Labels...this one turned slightly raunchy at the end as my husband suggested that the number 1 worst way to use a Label Daddy label be "Pasties"...enough said.

* Label Daddy Saved My Husband's Life...all about how my labeling my Coke Zero's and my hubby reading the labels and not drinking them helped him escape an early grave...I was apparently really tired when I wrote that one.

So here I am stuck trying to figure out what to write...tried funny and that didn't work, tried semi-serious and that was dull, tried serious and that was like reading War and Peace...so here's what I settled on:

Want to know the truth? I don't think I have used labels in my life. I am what you might call organizationally challenged, and that perhaps might be too mild of a word for it...look up slob and you would probably find this picture in the definition section--------------------------->
Yup, that's me. I have tried to get organized...I really have, and it recently dawned on me that perhaps I was trying too hard to organize and as such I was actually making things much more difficult than they need be.


What do I mean? I have a giant desk size planner where I write EVERYTHING about my site down...and then I use 5 different color highlighters to denote things like when I receive a product, when the review is scheduled to be posted, if it is a review and giveaway, and more...combine that with 3 colors of Post Its, along with 4 different colored pens all with different meanings and don't forget the white out for when I make a scheduling mistake and you have some serious confusion. Do you know how much it throws me off when I use the wrong color highlighter? It's a serious wonder I manage to keep the site going.


So as I was looking through the Label Daddy store I saw some great products (no I am not saying that to brown nose, I promised to be honest to you guys and I stick to that...even though I want to win) and thought to myself...perhaps I need to chill out the color coding and start labeling. The Shirt Tag Sticker would be perfect for using in my planner..."received", "posted", and all the other things I need to show would all fit nicely on that size label, and if I wanted to get my color on there are 17 different colors so I am sure I could find at least 5 I liked. The Return Address labels would help perfect my professional image when I send out the Life Starring Ellie and Eve media packet...because seriously...who reads stuff that comes in an envelope that looks like it was written by a 5 year old? (Yes my hand writing is that bad).


Looking through the products I also saw ideas that I had never even crossed my mind...OMG Ellie is really going to be going to pre-school in Sept...I need to make sure that her stuff has her name on it. The Allergy Note would be great to stick on my hubby's wallet. No, he doesn't have allergies but he is a Type 1 Diabetic and it's important for people to know that in a bad situation. And the Photo Stickers are so cute...they will look great on the new laptop I am going to be getting (crossing my fingers).


So this probably isn't the funniest article, or the most ingenious article, or heck it probably isn't even the best suck up article...but it is the truth. And in the end I guess that's all that matters. The End.

2 comments:

Ohana Mama said...

That was great Victoria! I am "slob" like you! We should do a organization challenge together, lol! Good luck!! Hope to see you at BlogHer09!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! I just wanted to say good luck! Hopefully, we'll both get ourselves to BlogHer and get to meet! : )