Friday, February 20, 2009
Kids love stuffed animals. I can honestly say I don’t quite
understand the draw of a gazillion stuffed animals, but both of my girls like them and covet them whenever we go shopping. So, when I do on occasion feed the addiction to stuffed animals my girls have, I like to find animals that are different and out of the ordinary; stuffed animals that aren’t made from a cookie cutter mold. So, while browsing through products made using fair trade practices (i.e. paying workers a fair wage not just a minimum) I ran across Joobles, stuffed animals made by Fair Indigo.
Joobles are brightly colored and fun looking stuffed animals made out of organic cotton and eco-friendly dyes. So, not only do they support fair trade they are also environmentally and safety conscious. Cool. I had the opportunity to review Mooey the Cow…and he isn’t your average cow! Instead of the rather boring and staid black and white colors, Mooey is yellow with fuchsia splotches, and has aqua arms, legs, tail and horns. He (yes I am calling Mooey a boy, with three girls in the house my husband needs some reinforcements) is made out of a knitted material instead of the more usual fur type material, and is super huggable and soft. When I introduced him to Ellie she immediately grabbed him and started hugging him; always a sign that she likes something. She then tried to teach Eve how to rock him and sing “rock-a-bye” but abandoned that effort when Eve started to chew on him.
I think that this is one of my favorite stuffed animals that the girls have; he is super soft, the colors are great and he is just different than all the others I have seen. Fair Indigo also makes different kind of animals, my other favorites are Jiffy the giraffe, Icy the penguin, and Pip the dog. And for those of you who are looking for a great gift how about giving the cool kid in your life a Joobles with sweater that matches? It might sounds a little corny, but it actually looks really cute.
Now your child can be the proud owner of a Mooey the Cow. To Enter: Go to Fair Indigo and look around, then come back here and tell me what you learned about fair trade...not hard at all! ENDS MARCH 2 @ 8.00PM EST
BONUS ENTRIES:
* Subscribe
* Tweet Tweet
* Blog about this contest with a linkback
* Stumble or Digg
* If you are a follower and NOT an email subscriber; become an email subscriber.
* Donate to The Ark Adventure
understand the draw of a gazillion stuffed animals, but both of my girls like them and covet them whenever we go shopping. So, when I do on occasion feed the addiction to stuffed animals my girls have, I like to find animals that are different and out of the ordinary; stuffed animals that aren’t made from a cookie cutter mold. So, while browsing through products made using fair trade practices (i.e. paying workers a fair wage not just a minimum) I ran across Joobles, stuffed animals made by Fair Indigo.
Joobles are brightly colored and fun looking stuffed animals made out of organic cotton and eco-friendly dyes. So, not only do they support fair trade they are also environmentally and safety conscious. Cool. I had the opportunity to review Mooey the Cow…and he isn’t your average cow! Instead of the rather boring and staid black and white colors, Mooey is yellow with fuchsia splotches, and has aqua arms, legs, tail and horns. He (yes I am calling Mooey a boy, with three girls in the house my husband needs some reinforcements) is made out of a knitted material instead of the more usual fur type material, and is super huggable and soft. When I introduced him to Ellie she immediately grabbed him and started hugging him; always a sign that she likes something. She then tried to teach Eve how to rock him and sing “rock-a-bye” but abandoned that effort when Eve started to chew on him.I think that this is one of my favorite stuffed animals that the girls have; he is super soft, the colors are great and he is just different than all the others I have seen. Fair Indigo also makes different kind of animals, my other favorites are Jiffy the giraffe, Icy the penguin, and Pip the dog. And for those of you who are looking for a great gift how about giving the cool kid in your life a Joobles with sweater that matches? It might sounds a little corny, but it actually looks really cute.
Now your child can be the proud owner of a Mooey the Cow. To Enter: Go to Fair Indigo and look around, then come back here and tell me what you learned about fair trade...not hard at all! ENDS MARCH 2 @ 8.00PM EST
BONUS ENTRIES:
* Subscribe
* Tweet Tweet
* Blog about this contest with a linkback
* Stumble or Digg
* If you are a follower and NOT an email subscriber; become an email subscriber.
* Donate to The Ark Adventure
Labels: contests-giveaways, review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











83 comments:
I learned that Fair Indigo owners personally visit on a regular basis every single factory where products with our label are made to ensure compliance with our standards.
Thats good!
I donated to The Ark Adventure
I am surprised at how little fair trade is used here in the united states. With the economy the way it is, families are having a harder time making ends meet. This sure would help! Mooney The Cow has some very cute products!
i learned that Fair trade is a rapidly growing movement dedicated to paying workers fair wages rather than minimum ones.
What a fantastic company! It is a wonderful (and rare) thing to see a company actually care about their workers and to make sure they are getting paid a fair wage. Wonderful!
I learned alot but like the fact they make a fair wage
Fair trade is a rapidly growing movement dedicated to paying workers fair wages rather than minimum ones. I love companies that are dedicated to great caused like this!
ajcmeyer AT go DOT com
To be honest this is the first I've really read anything about fair trade, and realized it is about paying fair wages, not just the minimum.
Ingenious! Fair pay for a fair day's work. Isn't that they way the world is supposed to work?! I didn't realize how hard it would be for clothing manufacturers to be "Fair Trade" Great info. Thanks!
jessrkynoch(at)gmail(dot)com
Found out that...Starbucks, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Procter and Gamble now offer fair trade coffee!
Tweet'd leeleenews
Blogged about it...
http://saucyandbossy.blogspot.com/2009/02/another-chance-to-win-joobles.html
Digg! kristine888
Quite simply, we pay fair wages to the good people who make our clothes and accessories instead of the minimum wages that dominate the clothing market today.
i have RSS feed
Thank God for fair trade.You have to question why did it take so long?I am a subscriber.
I learned Fair Indigo owners personally visit on a regular basis every single factory where products with our label are made to ensure compliance with our standards. During these visits we also meet with the workers whose stories we tell in our catalogs and website.
That is so cool.
Fair Indigo is pioneering the fair trade clothing business.
I follow
I subscribe
Fair trade got its start in Europe and first appeared in the United States in the mid to late 1990s focused on paying fair wages to coffee growers in developing countries.
tvollowitz at aol dot com
wow i so love them all i think there all realy cute and well fair indigo is in madson wisconsin. any how please enter me infor this thanks
Fair trade is when you pay what is fair for what is made (not some cheapy amount).
I subscribe.
I learned (and am really impressed) by the fact that they learn their workers stories and share them in their catalogs.
bettinawellmaker at gmail dot com
Tweet Tweet!
http://twitter.com/bettina75
bettinawellmaker at gmail dot com
I'm an email subscriber!
bettinawellmaker at gmail dot com
I found out that Starbucks, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Procter and Gamble now offer fair trade coffee.
hiccupapparel@yahoo.com
They promote education to help developing countries prosper.
abbyandygaige@gmail.com
Tweeted!
http://twitter.com/abbyam/status/1238075772
In the United States, the only organization that certifies fair trade products is TransFair USA
Currently, fair trade apparel largely consists of small shops selling indigenous clothing but is beginning to expand beyond this niche market.
Subscriber
Fair Trade is giving farmers and workers a true living wage in exchange for their work, which can then sustain them and also create opportunities for social and economic development. It eradicates and ends sweatshops and the sweatshop mentality allowing every farmer and worker to be treated with respect and honor which then makes for a happier, saner and more peaceful world.
Thanks so much for this amazing give~away! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I also subscribe! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
And, I TWITTERED about this give~away.......user name: leahita.
http://twitter.com/leahita/status/1256096204
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
Its sad to think of treating the farmers badly and not giving them fair trade. I believe in making sure even the small farmers survive
Thanks
matternu@aol.com
I subscribe
matternu@aol.com
I learned that Fair trade got its start in Europe and first appeared in the United States in the mid to late 1990s focused on paying fair wages to coffee growers in developing countries.
I learned that there is currently no independent third party certification process for fair trade apparel.
It is still hard to believe that people are just finding out about earning a fair wage for a job well done.
I learned that Fair Indigo guarantees that every employee who makes their clothing is paid a fair wage, not just a legal minimum wage, as is the benchmark in the industry. This is something I totally support!
we subscribe via email!
Tweeted (kristinialeanna)
http://twitter.com/kristinialeanna/statuses/1266746576
We follow on blogger as well!
I learned more about fair trade, but was disappointed to read how little it is used here.
Diane
dianesmb@aol.com
Fair Indigo donates 5% of its profits to the Fair Indigo Foundation to support its educational projects and programs.
I subscribe
They pay the workers a fair pay regardless of where they come from (including third world countries).
candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com
I subscribed. Thank you.
candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com
I really like that "Fair Indigo is committed to finding the best fair trade factories and ensuring that our high quality clothes are produced by workers who are paid and treated fairly."
I learned that they don't have 24+ sizes :'(
memyselfnsometimesi@yahoo.com
I learned fair trade means a worker is paid a fair amount for their input.
I tweeted your giveaway! (My username is @ThriftyJinxy)
I love doing business with Fair Trade companies...it makes me feel like a "part of the world"..and that we are all in this together. My granddaughter's school had a fund raiser in which they sold only Fair Trade items..Fantastic!
I subscribe
yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
I follow
yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
I learned that fair trade clothing is more complicated to certify than agricultural products, so even though it's better, less suppliers are using it ):
Cassie
cjm92995@yahoo.com
Fair trade is a rapidly growing movement dedicated to paying workers fair wages rather than minimum ones. Fair trade got its start in Europe and first appeared in the United States in the mid to late 1990s focused on paying fair wages to coffee growers in developing countries
fair trade is a rapidly growing movement dedicated to paying workers fair wages rather than minimum ones. please enter johnpratt@ecologyfund.net into this contest. thanks and have a blessed day.
They pay the workers a fair pay regardless of where they come from
that fair trade means making a fair wage
fair trade is fair wages for all workers
fair trade is fair wages for all workers
I found it interesting that even with the exception of Fair Indigo, teen retailer American Apparel is the only major brand selling “sweatshop–free” clothing in the United States. Kinda of scary!
sbarnesmomo4@yahoo.com
I learned form them that:
Fair trade is a rapidly growing movement dedicated to paying workers fair wages rather than minimum ones.
zestywonderland@gmail.com
I subscribe too!
zestywonderland@gmail.com
Fair trade pays fair, living wages instead of the bare minimum allowed or accepted.
I learned that fair trade got its start in Europe and first appeared in the United States in the mid to late 1990s focused on paying fair wages to coffee growers in developing countries.
Currently in the United States, the only organization that certifies fair trade products is TransFair USA (one of over twenty members of the worldwide Fair Trade Labeling Organizations International (FLO)). TransFair USA currently limits its certification to coffee, tea, vanilla, and Select fruits.
Thanks :)
Fair trade means they pay fair wages instead of minium wage.
donna444444@yahoo.com
subscriber.
donna444444@yahoo.com
follower
donna444444@yahoo.com
I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/donnak4/status/1271584011
I learned that fair trade got its start in Europe and first appeared in the United States in the mid to late 1990s focused on paying fair wages to coffee growers in developing countries.
subsciber
I learned that fair trade got its start in Europe. Intersting.
Starbucks, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Procter and Gamble now offer fair trade coffee -- testament to fair trade coffee's emergng mainstream consumer appeal.
I subscribe.
I learned that fair trade is a rapidly growing movement dedicated to paying workers fair wages rather than minimum ones.
I'm a subscriber!
I learned that Currently, fair trade apparel largely consists of small shops selling indigenous clothing but is beginning to expand beyond this niche market
CharlieGurl57@aol.com
I subscribe
CharlieGurl57@aol.com
Post a Comment