Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Read that and then come back here and let me know what you think (leave me a comment on this post and then enter the giveaways saying "article bonus") (ps please make sure you have an empty bladder before reading)
You can have a bonus entry in all of the contests:
PS. Please note that the website I am sending you to is PARODY LOL...just wanted to make sure people got that.

20 comments:

KR said...

My mama said "If you can't say anything nice, just be quiet!" .....so I am!


Plus, I held my sons!!!

MonkeyBaby said...

in reality, it's kind of sad and distressing, but -- "No man has ever sullied my life-oven with his flesh sword, and no man ever will.” LOL!

Even better: "my uterus is very stretchy." ROFL! omg that's priceless!

btw, the people commenting on the article need to get a clue that it's a *parody*. :)

Jackie said...

Wow! Is that article for real? I think some psychological testing should have been done before the doctor implanted the six embryos. Clearly they would have discovered she should not be having more children.

As for most moms not holding their children? I held mine all the time. I think most mothers probably do. How is she going to hold eight babies at once..not to mention the other six?

One thing I don't understand...about her being a virgin. I thought I heard on the news that she had been married for seven years and had tried to get pregnant but suffered miscarriages. Did anyone else hear that?

I also read in today's paper that the taxpayers will probably end up having to pay to support this family. Does anyone else think maybe the doctor should have to pay?

Anonymous said...

This is so sad for these children!
She says she holds them... but one person can not hold and give the attention needed to 14 kids! And maybe she can hold them... but what about feed them, care for them, get them the help they need when they are sick... how is she doing this with no income??
& it's very scary that she seems so attention needy... this statement is disturbing...
“It’s possible, even likely, that since my children are immaculately conceived, that I could be the mother to the next Christ child. That would make a great reality show, wouldn’t it?”

Courtney V said...

I'm with MJ (#1). i don't think I can comment on this. I should just keep my mouth shut...

The Dreamer said...

The article parody was hilarious. I kept hoping The Onion would do a story about her.

"I could be the mother to the next Christ child. That would make a great reality show, wouldn’t it?” HILARIOUS!


She is totally crazy in real life though. The more interviews she does...the crazier she seems.

Anonymous said...

This parody was a hoot.
Actually, the true case is very sad, both for the children and the taxpayers.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Maggie said...

That was pretty funny, if a little wince inducing. It's nice to inject a little levity into this situation, I think it's time for the (serious) media to let it go.

free indeed said...

Not having TV in our home I haven't heard a whole lot about this incident. I knew of it, but not in any detail. After reading this I needed to pick my jaw up off the floor! I hope someone steps in to rescue those children...she may not need a man, but those children would benefit from a father. And if she thinks one of her children may be the next Christ, who's to say she won't crucify one of them to make that happen. To view yourself as the ONLY good mother in the nation and world is not a healthy mind....

free indeed said...

BLUSHING ALL AROUND sorry to have left a comment thinking this was all real... I told you we don't have TV, so I was unable to judge this article to be a parody....I'm very embarrassed....

janil said...

Is it true?????? I haven't heard nothing in Spain. I can't beelieve it, but I don´t think these children can be happy...

Leah said...

I'm a S. Cali MAMA, Victoria, and you should see how this is being skewered over the proverbial fires in my MOMMY GROUPS! WOW!!!!

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Liza767 said...

how are all 14 kids gonna feel loved?i have 6 and i'm spread as thin as paint how could she posably do it i just feel bad for the kids they are the ones that will lose

judybrittle said...

She wants attention and she is getting it in droves. She in my opinion is a nut and the doctors who allowed this are just as bad. The article was a parody but then again it wasn't.

Meredith said...

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate comment, but my internet conked out on me as I was trying to post this earlier!

I think that the "article" was too funny. I loved it!

~Meredith F.
rosesaremyfavorite at hotmail dot com

Samantha R said...

Funny! On a more serious note, though, I do feel sorry for the children. I hope she can care for them all. I don't have anything against large families, but that is a lot of little children to care for by yourself!

nape said...

I guess my main concern is the physical and emotional well-being of all her children. Passing judgment on her doesn't particularly interest me, except in a medical-ethics context.

Unknown said...

This woman is certifiable! How on earth did she get doctors to help her in this! How many mothers really hold their children?? etc., etc.

The Dreamer said...

In the spirit of this article parody, check out the video parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujlieYG47s

:)