Friday, February 13, 2009
I love letting Ellie express herself creatively, but I
draw the line when I walk into her room and see that she has colored on everything: the walls, the dresser, her books…with an easel with paper right there…WHY? But I breathe through it and tell her that we don’t draw on anything but paper. I have found a product that proves me wrong. It’s called ColorMe…and of course it is adorable so I had to tell you about it…even if it does make me an inconsistent mommy.
ColorMe offers a variety of pillowcases, shirts and cards, all of which a child can decorate themselves. I had the opportunity to review a pillowcase with Madeline on it (if you don’t know who that is you need to step up your knowledge of children’s lit). The pillowcase itself is made out of cotton and it is good quality. The characters on the pillowcase, Madeline and her dog Genevieve, are large scale and actually look like the characters from the book. The pillowcase also came with fabric markers which are
permanent…read PERMANENT!!! This is an adult supervision activity even for the older kids. The premise is simple though. The kids draw (make sure to put something between the fabric so it doesn’t bleed through, and when they are done you can either throw it in the drier on high for 30 minutes to set it…or you can iron it after it dries fully to set the color. I think this is a great idea. It is engaging for kids, and allows them to express themselves through art. The cards are also great since the kiddos in the family can send out their own Christmas, birthday or just plain thinking of you cards.
Another thing that I love about the ColorMe company 10% of the gross profits go to children’s charities. So if you want to buy something fun and support great causes this is you company!
READERS WILL RECEIVED 20% OFF WHEN THEY USE THE CODE- COLORMELOVESMOMS
Labels: kids, kids-misc., review











2 comments:
What a great idea, yes I have those kids too who draw all over the house, these will be great for them.
My kids had fun with ColorMe Company products too!
Linda
Post a Comment