Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I like retro and mod style clothing; no not for me I couldn’t pull it off if you paid me…I like it for the kiddos. But, I have to admit that it never really occurred to me to go looking for retro clothing, so I can’t take credit for the find I am going to tell you about today…I have to come right out and tell you that I accidentally stumbled across this little boutique and I am so happy I did! Meet FaithWorks4U a boutique that makes handmade retro girls clothing.

So Faith (get the title FaithWorks4U?) sent me the most adorable little girl’s retro jumper called the Lauren dress. I can even begin to describe how cute it is so you are going to have to look at the picture of Ellie wearing it. The material is nice and sturdy so I don’t have to worry about Ellie ripping it, but it is soft and comfortable enough for her to wear as a play dress. The final touch which takes it from a nice dress to a really cool dress are the cool mod buttons that Faith sews on them.

So being of the belief that more is better (at least where clothing for the kids is concerned) I have been coveting some of the other creations you can find at FaithWorks4U…like the 2 piece 1960’s inspired sundress and the Katie dresses, which would look great on Eve.

The Giveaway: One winner will receive a $48 Gift Certificate to FaithWorks4U. To Enter: Go to FaithWorks4U and look around. Then come back her and let me know which item is your favorite.

Bonus Entries: After you have done the manditory entry you can-
* Subscribe via email
* Stumble or Digg this article
* Refer two new subscribers to Life Starring Ellie and Eve
* Tweet Tweet (twice)
* Donate to The Ark Adventure

75 comments:

Rachel said...

OHHHH!! CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! I love the Lemon's Anyone dress, so darling!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Pretty Polka dot Spring dress, so cute.
vickers at comcast dot net

Melon said...

The 'lemons anyone dres's...I love it! Want to get it for my daughter's 1st bday!! I've been eyeing that for some time now.:)

janil said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!What a wonderful dresses! I love it! I fell in love with 1966 Inspired Daisy dress!!! It's so cute! I can imagine my daughter inside it!!!!!

Thanks for the chance!

cal_rubies(at)yahoo(dot)es

Sky said...

I have just found my new favorite store!! I love the 1960 Inspired 2-peice sundress. It is bloody adorable!! I know it's over the $48.00 amount, but I would gladly pay extra for that beauty! Miss Pea would look so adorable in that dress!

seeryusfam@msn.com

Sky said...

I tweeted!

seeryusfam@msn.com

http://twitter.com/SeeryUs/status/1225062944

Devri said...

My favorite one is the 1960 Inspired 2-peice sundress. I love it!

pma_devri@hotmail.com

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Love the 1960's style Lauren.. black and white dress

juan_hurrican (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

the spring sundress is my favorite, but I also really like the lemons anyone dress!
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/britzy2/status/1226637552
tweeted!
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/britzy2/status/1226642661
tweeted!
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

superfizz said...

The inspired Daisy Dress is my favorite. So sweet. I wish these dresses were my size!

free indeed said...

Lemons Anyone or the little Faithy Dress. We must be of the same generation...I wore stuff like that as a kid!

Anonymous said...

I love supporting handmade anything. Every piece is so cute, but the blue Layla dress is my fave!

Simply Stacie said...

1960's style Lauren.. black and white dress...absolutely gorgeous shop!!! Love it!

Janet said...

Sweet! I like the 1960 Inspired 2-peice sundress. I also like the Little Faithy. I just love lil' girls in dresses. lol
gahome2mom(at)gmail(dot)com
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Love the Lemons anyone.

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

carolpie said...

This lady is so talented and has such great style! I love Little Faithy dress as it, too, reminds me of dresses I used to wa=ear to school! Those were the days! Thank you for a fantastic giveaway!

Erin Tales said...

1960's style Lauren.. black and white dress...love it!

speak2erin(at)gmail(dot)com

nape said...

FaithWorks4U's red and white "1967 inspired adorable Gidget dress" is completely darling. It makes me look forward to spring.

Yay for great goodies!

nape said...

tweeted you twice!

http://twitter.com/nape9393/status/1228729850

http://twitter.com/nape9393/status/1228736378

jenny said...

so lets get up and gogo oh yes thay are all so cute and i be willing to have any one from there when it comes to outfits and things well i think i have the eye for them and i can tell you when you got a good thing going please enter me infor this thanks much

YZgirl4 said...

All the dresses are so cute! I love the lemon anyone's dress the best. Keep the retro styles coming!

Kimberly Gail said...

The 1967 inspired 2 tone Katie dress would look adorable on my little Angie!

Kimberly Gail said...

I blogged
http://juryreview.blogspot.com/2009/02/things-i-would-love-to-win-for-angie.html

NesieBird said...

I would love to be able to give the Easter Bunny dress to my daughter for Easter.

Sheila Hickmon said...

Everything is soo cute!! I really like the Spring sundress!! Thanks for the chance!
hawkgirl_16@hotmail.com

judybrittle said...

I think the Wool with pink satin lined.. capelet is really beautiful!
Thank you so much!

danosor said...

Oh my the 1960s Inspired 2 piece sundress is absolutely wonderful.I am a subscriber.

Anonymous said...

The Lemons anyone dress is adorable!
osheimangie@yahoo.com

Gabriel S-J. said...

I really like the lemon anyone's dress.
Please, enter me, great prize!!! I would love to win this.

windycindy said...

Hi, Wonderful giveaway contest! I adore the Little Faithy Dress. Please enter me in your drawing. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Becky Barrett Beitzel said...

i looove the 1960's style Lauren.. black and white dress

hiccupapparel@yahoo.com

Leah said...

The 1960 Inspired 2-piece sundress is soooooo adorably cute and perfect for my darling goddaughter! : )))

Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away! : )))

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Leah said...

And, I TWITTERED about this give~away.......user name: leahita.

http://twitter.com/leahita/status/1256045561

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

leah said...

Love the 1967 inspired 2 tone Katie dress. Has such a retro vibe and is too cute for words!

Leah said...

2nd TWEET.......user name: leahita.

http://twitter.com/leahita/status/1263089408

Thanks again! : )))

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com