Saturday, February 14, 2009
In the winter, I am lucky that I get to walk out of the house with a coat on; usually I am late, in a rush or not paying attention. So yes, I usually end up cold, uncomfortab
le and looking like a slight dork. But, I have found one way to keep some part of me warm and stylish at the same time. I have never been one for scarves…mostly because they just look like something that I could strangle myself with easily or that the kids could use to strangle me with, but I have never actually tried to wear them. So, surfing through one of my favorite sites (Etsy) I came across some great looking scarves and thought “you know what…if I do strangle myself at least it will be with something great looking!” In comes the Green Couch. No, it isn’t a piece of furniture in my house…I have blue couches, Green Couch is the Etsy shop where I ran across the scarf I decided to take a chance on.
The scarves that Becky from Green Couch makes are timeless. I received the scarf in purple paisley to review and it is wonderful; not
scratchy, thin enough to not cover my entire face, and long enough to comfortably wrap around my neck twice and leave a little extra. I will admit to knowing how to knit (the scarf is knitted in a waffle pattern according to Becky), but I have not clue how to make anything look as great and professional as Becky does. I even got brave and wore it around the kiddos and neither of them strangled me…stylish, comfortable, fun and I am still alive to tell about it all? It’s definitely a keeper! Becky offers a multitude of colors for you to chose from; there is a color for everyone in the family.
Now you have the chance to win a scarf from Green Couch in your choice of color.
TO ENTER: Go To Green Couch and look around, then come back here and tell me what color you like best. ENDS FEB 24 @ 8.00 PM EST
BONUS ENTRIES:
* Subscribe
* Tweet Tweet
* Blog about this contest/site with a link back
* Technorati Me
* Donate to The Ark Adventure
Labels: contests-giveaways, mom, mom-accessories, review











152 comments:
I love the Berry Blue scarf!
Thanks, I love scarves!
nancyrobster@gmail.com
I subscribe to your blog!
Thanks
nancyrobster@gmail.com
I like Bottle of Merlot
I am a subscriber
I have donated to the Ark Adventure
Hands down my fave is Carrot Sticks. Orange is my favorite color.
thanks
addeviant006 at gmail dot com
these are so cute! hard to choose just one so farmer brown, asparagus, oatmeal, and bottle of merlot-LOL! btw, i love the pic with the streaks!
LOVE the Cranberry Scarf!
LOVE Forever Fancy!!
I follow. :)
You've been "Fav'd" on Technorati
I would really like the Black Jack. Thank you!
I'm a subscriber.
I like Hazelnut Latte. Although, I wouldn't mind one in every color.
I subscribe.
The Sky Blue Hand Knitted Scarf is celestially beautiful! : )))
Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I also subscribe! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I TWITTERED about this give~away.......user name: leahita.
http://twitter.com/leahita/status/1211872704
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I've faved you on technorati....user name: leahita.
http://technorati.com/faves/leahita
Thanks again for this give~away.
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
Love the Cranberry Juice..will go great with my black car coat.
shel704 at aol dot com
I fav'd you on Technorati
http://technorati.com/faves/auntiethesis
shel704 at aol dot com
I'm already an email subscriber
shel704 at aol dot com
Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/auntiethesis/status/1211934693
shel704 at aol dot com
My favorite is the Lilac Puddles. It's lovely!
I am a subscriber.
eli_green22 at yahoo dot com dot br
I love Cranberry Juice
I subscribe
The scarves are beautiful! My favorite color is the Fresh Cut Grass. Thanks for the review and giveaway!
I subscribe
I love scarves! Cranberry is pretty!
I'm a subscriber
I love asparagus!
Thanks!!!!!!
cal_rubies(at)yahoo(dot)es
suscriber!
i've faved on twitter!
I love the Sky Blue - I'd wear it everyday - well ... almost every day!
I like the oatmeal
I subscribe
Oh My, Oh My What Gorgeous Scarfs. This was a hard decision because they are all so pretty but, my fav is the Lilac Puddles - Hand Knit Scarf - Thanks for such a wonderful giveaway.
shellbell574(at)yahoo(dot)com
I subscribe via email - Thanks =)
Cranberry Juice - Hand Knit Scarf is my favourite.
email subscriber
I like Cranberry Juice!
treflea4 at gmail dot com
Berry Blue is my favorite..The scarves are so PRETTY!!!
Stormy5475@aol.com
I would love it in black sheep of the family :)
I subscribe
I subscribe
I follow
I like Fresh Cut Grass. Thanks.
gahome2mom(at)gmail(dot)com
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/
I love hand knitted things but boy am I bad at it. Orange is my favorite color so I would pick carrot sticks.
I subscribe
Black sheep of the family is such a cool idea...black with strands of greys to hide pet hair!!!!! My daughter soooo NEEDS this!
I also subscribe
These look great! I really like the Bottle of Merlot color!
ljatwood at gmail dot com
I am a subscriber. :)
ljatwood at gmail dot com
I technorati'd you. :) (peapie)
ljatwood at gmail dot com
Black Sheep of the Family
i get newsletter
i follow you
love this one: Bottle of Merlot
subscriber
oatmeal
http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1213467889
subscriber
I love the oatmeal color. Thanks for the great giveaway!
ann dot guns at mac dot com
I'm a subscriber.
ann dot guns at mac dot com
I faved you on technorati: gunzie
ann dot guns at mac dot com
My fave color is Farmer Brown!
dlcwin AT gmail DOT com
I'm a subscriber.
dlcwin AT gmail DOT com
Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/tempest1952/status/1213889438
dlcwin AT gmail DOT com
The Hazelnut Latte color is my favorite. It would go with a lot!
Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
I am subscribed to your feed with my Yahoo Reader Page! Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
Like the cranberry scarf
subscriber
I like Fresh Cut Grass and Hazelnut Latte
juan_hurrican (at) yahoo (dot) com
I'm a subscriber
juan_hurrican (at) yahoo (dot) com
I'd love the Green Couch's "Oatmeal for Breakfast" Scarf. It would go with my fave coat. Thanks!
tweeted you!
http://twitter.com/nape9393/status/1214379319
Fresh CUt Grass is my favorite! Thanks for the giveaway!
i also subscribe!
I really like the pretty Berry Blue Scarf. It looks warm and snuggly!
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I'm a subscriber!
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I love Purple Pansy! utgal2004[at]yahoo[dot]com
I'm a subscriber. utgal2004[at]yahoo[dot]com
sky blue
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com
Love the Black Sheep of the Family scarf because I love the philosophy of pet hair not showing up on it! haha. Thanks for the chance!
theworldsmyspace[at]yahoo[dot]com
fresh cut grass
I like the scarf in Merlot.
lilnamekangelivy[at]aol[dot]com
The Marshmallow Fluff color scarf appears so pretty, sounds soft and looks great!
Let it snow....and it is snowing here!
pumpkinlady430@yahoo.com
asparagus please!!
elkesten at yahoo dot com
I would pick Cupids Choice
berry blue please
I really like Lilac Puddles. It is nice and soft looking. Thank you for the wonderful giveaway!
Carrie
carrieduron@yahoo.com
oatmeal or berry blue
subscriber
Fresh cut grass!!
Love the Berry Blue Scarf!
Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca
Oatmeal for me please and thank you!!
lil_wifey21 at yahoo dot com
I follow now.
lil_wifey21 at yahoo dot com
My favorite color is bottle of merlot.
I like the Hazelnut Latte
I like the Black Jack - Hand Knit Scarf.
internationalfreebies [at] gmail [dot] com == http://www.internationalfreebies.net/
The green color shown is nice, and I also love the scarf in "black jack."
greenyak [at] yahoo [dot] com
I like the Cranberry juice scarf!
ariellezander at gmail dot com
I like the carrot stick
Lilac Puddles is my favorite - I love the creative color names you come up with!
Thank you for the giveaway and please enter me :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
I love the Farmer Brown scarf!
autielady[at]live.com
i like the cranberry scarf.
Cranberry Scarf
Purple Pansy is my fave.
Favorite in Technorati
I would pick Farmer Brown.
I faved you on Technorati.
i like purple pansy.
madamerkf at aol dot com
I like the Bottle of Merlot scarf
gkstratos@yahoo.com
I like Black Jack.
annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com
Oatmeal for Breakfast is so pretty and I love the name.
I like carrot sticks scarf
Love the Lilac Puddles!
Thanks,
darkfyre1(at)gmail(dot)com
I like the hazelnut Latte color
I like the hazelnut color.
charlies_secret_angel2006 at yahoo dot com
I like the purple pansy!!
I like the Lilac Puddle the best. cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com
I am a subscriber. cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cranberry Juice
What a great prize! Thanks for having the contest.
I can't decide! I love Black Jack, Farmer Brown & Oatmeal for Breakfast! Thanks!
I like the lilac puddle colored scarf
The Asparagus color is chic!
I love the Bottle of Merlot scarf
I like the Farmer Brown - Hand Knit Scarf.
Marshmallow Fluff
I like the berry blue
I like the hazelnut latte color best!
hollyollyberry[at]yahoo[dot]com
Berry Blue - Hand Knit Scarf
I like the Hazelnut Latte color or the Jet Black color.
I like Black Sheep of the Family. Maybe because that's what I am...
Thanks for the giveaway!!
I like black jack
Cranberry Juice is beautiful!
osheimangie@yahoo.com
I subscribe.
osheimangie@yahoo.com
I can personally vouch for the quality of these scarves. I own several. I LOVE the Lilac Puddle scarf. I'm really enjoying the blog.
Love your blog! I also love the Hazlenut scarf!!
I love the Oatmeal for Breakfast
I like the marshmellow fluff:)
I am a subscriber :)
i love asparagus. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com
I love the Lilac Puddles - Hand Knit Scarf!
zestywonderland@gmail.com
I subscribe!
zestywonderland@gmail.com
Lilac Puddles
alterna7 at hotmail dot com
subscribed
alterna7 at hotmail dot com
The scarf called MARSHMALLOW FUFF is slightly off-white or soft cream color. It's perfect for me.
Fresh Cut Grass is my fave. :-)
Stumbled.
choochoo428
Post a Comment