Friday, February 13, 2009

So remember a couple of weeks ago how I promised that if one of my GIVEAWAYS!!! got over 300 entries I would put streaks in my hair…and that I would even let YOU pick the color. Well purple won, and yes, I did put purple streaks in my hair and her are the pictures to prove it!

Let me give a huge shout out to Streekers, the company that sponsored my streaks. They made a temporary hair color that is perfect for those days (or nights) when you really just want to let loose a bit and do something a little off the wall. The color is totally not permanent and washes right out when you wash your hair. Want to know how much I trusted it? I put purple streaks in Ellie’s hair to, and yes I am providing the pictures! The application process for Streekers is really easy; basically you just paint it on your hair and let it dry for a minute or so. Boom, you’re done. I think that this is a great product for people who have teens who want to rock out a bit, who have younger kids who need to get in spirit for “the big game” or for ultra cool adults (like me!) who just on occasion want to make other people give them a second glance…yup that’s right, my hair is PURPLE.

So thank you Streekers for sponsoring my streaks! And you know what? Now 8 of you have the chance to win a bottle of any color Streekers you would like. Ready to rock?

TO ENTER: This is a bit different so pay attention! First go to Streekers and find the color that you want, then come back here and tell me a story about when you last cut loose. You can leave as many entries as you want, but they all have to be different stories. NOTE: I am going to be picking my 8 favorites from your stories rather than using random.org like I usually do. I want to hear from you!!! Let's get to know each other. ENDS FEB 24 @ 8.00 PM EST

28 comments:

Shamrocker99 said...

I want the green...and as far as cutting loose...hopefully it will be tonight. I have wanted long hair again since I chopped my long hair off in junior high..I am getting long blonde extensions put in in a couple of hours and I cannot wait. My bf and kids think I am crazy, but why not treat yourself once in a while and if I am the only one that likes it, so be it! Shamrocker99 at aol dot com

A Psych Mommy said...

The last time I went really wild with my hair was after I broke up with a cheating boyfriend 7 years ago--I felt like I needed a big change so I went into the first salon that I saw, told them to cut my hair off, bleach it and then put huge chunks of cherry red all over (my hair is normally all black). My new look inspired me to move on--so I'd love to get a bottle of red in honor of that!

Leah said...

Maybe it was the fire truck I saw speeding by that inspired me to do it, but I just knew I had to color my hair fire engine red! And, WOW! You could have lit up the entire night sky with my "on fire" hair! Loved it! Hated it! OK....what I really hated was having to bleach my hair before adding the red. But, then the inevitable happened. My friend who was dying my hair accidentally got the bleach on my eyelashes. Luckily it wasn't my eyes. And, next thing you know, my beautiful long lashes fell out! Can't even tell you how broken hearted I was! Well, that was the end of my fire engine red hair days, but not the end of being a wild MAMA with a big heart! That's why ULTRAVIOLET is definitely in my stars! Oh, and BTW, my lashes did grow back! : )))

Thanks soooo much, Victoria!

Love the pics! Cute! : )))

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

janil said...

I love purple...

After my first daughter birth Ineed to go to the hairdresser but I didn't find the moment.I tried to colour my hair at home and it was a disaster!!!!!! My hair was too long but I decided cut it. It was worse... I'm a very bad hairdresser. Finally I took my hubby's machine and I cut it on 0!!!!!! And the worst... I like it!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the chance! You're so pretty with purple streaks (and without them)hahahahah!!!!!!

cal_rubies(at)yahoo(dot)es

Shannon said...

Ok this is such a coincidence. My best friend and I were talking the other day about this. I told her I have never had a crazy color in my hair and that I just feel so drab and boring lately. Then hubby and I were kidding and I said, "I wonder what the other mommies in mommie group would think if I got blue or red streaks in my hair?" lol I didn't realize there was a non-permanent option that looked good. I WOULD LOVE to try the blue and/or maybe red but probably blue first. :) I never cut loose. I seldom leave the sanctity of our subdivision with the boys. When we do "cut loose" it isn't anything exciting... usually dinner. Thanks for the opportunity!

Shannon

jceko77 said...

I would love to try pink. I cut loose on my hair when I cut off 10 inches from it and cut it above my chin myself, and it actually came out decent
jceko77@yahoo.com

jceko77 said...

I cut loose by dying my light blonde hair strawberry blonde. I hated it and ended up bleaching it to return to natural blonde
jceko77@yahoo.com

lace said...

The purple would be great.

The last time I cut loose was the other day. We turned the music up really loud and had a dance party in the living room. The entire family joined in which was really surprising and so much fun. I think we should make it a weekly ritual, Dance Party Mondays

mverno said...

i went brunette on my husband's birthday to give him a change.i choose pink

Anonymous said...

I like red or yellow. I am afraid that I have not "gone wild" per say. I am a brunette with nice "streeks" of white/grey normally, but have died my hair auburn, strawberry blond, ash blonde, and various shades of brown. My daughter is always asking for pink or purple streaks maybe I should take some advice from her...

rmc1ra(at)aol(dot)com

Abby said...

I would love the purple color streaks. Hmmm the last time I let loose...

Was when I lived in Alaska. I got together with a bunch of the ladies and we played Bunco. Whoa by the end of the night and bottle or two..of wine it gets to be a pretty loud and fun night!

ajcmeyer At go DOT com

Annie1 said...

I love the RED the best!

When I was young..er I would go into a very trendy hair salon and take my place in the chair and tell my hairdresser to "do whatever you want" lol I've never been afraid of doing things to my hair; it always grows back.

One hairdo I remember. The hairdresser shaved my head all the way around, about 1 inch above my ears. She then stripped my remaining hair of any colour and dyed it purple! Bright purple! I think between the shaved part of my head, the purple hair and the piercings, I almost gave my dad a heart attack lol

I LOVED it!!

Thanks for a great giveaway!

nancyrobster@gmail.com

Annie1 said...

I think the last wild thing I did with my hair, was....

shave my head

completely!!

I actually love shaving my head; its a very liberating and emotional experience! To me its almost a re birth per say; a time to start again; a new beginning!

My kids thought I was looney, but it was really a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it to everyone!!

lol

Thanks

nancyrobster@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

It was a hot miserable summer and I was pregnant with baby #4. Our AC was barely working and I felt I was just a hormonal, sweaty, fat thing. It made perfect sense to cut off my long hair. So I did. I buzzed it off. It was very short. My husband came home walked in the house, looked at me and turned around and walked out. It took me 2 long years to grow it out so it looked cute again! If I was going to streak my hair it would have to be purple because it is my favorite color in the world. Thanks!
teraustin@mindspring.com

~Sandy~ said...

My senior year I wanted to change my image from the blonde cheerleader (dyed of course) to a sophisticated women ready for college. Right before graduation I bought a bottle of Ash Brown Color from CVS...let's get real here, I worked at Friendly's and could not afford a "real" dye job. So half hour later I was ready for my new transformation! I finished blow drying it out and WHAM!!!! It was kinda brown with GREEN!!!! No one ever told me you could not do Ash Brown if you were blonde already. The colors = nasty! Thank goodness my mom took pity on me and the day of my graduation she took me to get it fixed.
I would pick PINK :O) Thanks so much for the fun giveaway...I loved ready through the stories

cheekybowtique@hotmail.com

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

love the pink- lets see I cut loose one day by getting up early on a Saturday morning and sneaking out of the house all asleep and came back with 23 inches of hair off and ready to donate- it was a freeing experience and the fact if It my my decision no one elses- not anyone on the internet or in real life..I had to do what I wanted to do without being talked out of it and boy it felt good and everyone at the salon freaked when I said chop it off- yes it was down long and still at shoulder when cut but still felt great that I was free of the hair and good was coming from it. If I would have said anything to anyone I would have been talked out of it and was happy with my decision and will gladly do it again...that was not the first time and it willnot be the last time and hope everyone gets to do somethong that freeing as I did.

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

Ok so I forgot pink in the prior post but I have alot of wild hair-

my sons school was having a big homecoming thing in the gym and I decided since parents were invited to school to show pep I would show my pep and I streaked my hair my gold and blue and had two huge pigtails and spirit pompoms on my face! Ok the fact it was glow in the dark and when the lights went down was cool but embarrassed him beyond belief. But hey parents are suppossed to embarrass their kids at some point right..?

pink would be my choice

Unknown said...

I love the purple ! my favorite color! have always wanted to go out on the limb a bit yet not permanent!! Hey at 40 I need to celebrate some wild time!! I am so used to not doing anything to wild and crazy and when i maybe get to see my best friend that has been my internet friend for a year and yet we have never met in person that would be the time to go for some girl time !!! thanks for the opp

Michele said...

I'd love the pink!

The one time in my life I really cut loose (and cut someone loose in the process) was when I had taken enough of my ex's abuse. He had told me that if I ever cut or colored my hair, or got tattooed or pierced he would leave me... You can guess what comes next... I cut my waist length hair to one inch all over, had it colored purple (didn't know about streekers, so it was permanent) and took a trip to the tattoo parlor. Two piercings and a tattoo later, I went home and told him exactly where he could go when he left! Never regretted a minute of it either!

demmi said...

love the red it has been so long since I cut loose I can not remember con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I would pick pink! In college I had pink and black hair and I thought that I looked great! The last time that I cut loose was on my 30th birthday. I went with a bunch of girlfriends to the casino. We all had a blast.
candyhoch(at)hotmail(dot)com

Heather S said...

I LOVE the Red! It would look great in my Light brown hair!
Last time I let loose was new Year's! My daughter was with grandma and My Fiance and I had some drinks and watched the ball drop! That was about it!! Thanks for the giveaway!

e-mail: hmahan_0529@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I lovvve the purple! I haven't cut loose in a while, my engagement just broke off and I have a girls night out planned soon so would love to win
kristi2bsb@yahoo.com

/\Heather/\ said...

I'd go with purple or ultraviolet, since we're doing a Relay for Life event in May.

One day, after turning 35, I went to my first Broadway play. I thought to myself, wow, that looks like fun! So, I came back home and found a community theater...and auditioned for the first time. I sang 'Happy Birthday' and landed a part. The part? A stripper named Electra in a stage version of Gypsy. What an intro to acting!