Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It shouldn't be a big surprise that I think CPSIA is a joke and I can’t believe that our government is being so…well dumb for lack of a better word. Small businesses are the backbone of America and the fact that CPSIA is going to close down small businesses that make children’s goods is………………….. I can’t print what I really think about it. So this is my protest GIVEAWAY!!!

Hudson Quilts will most likely have to close down if CPSIA goes into effect. So, Kim has donated a quilt to the cause; you get to choose between the boy and the girl option (top right is the girl option, bottom left is the boy option).

TO ENTER: Go to Hudson Quilts and take a look around, then come back here and leave me a comment telling me what you liked best, remember that she might have to go out of business so if you buy something you get 10 BONUS ENTRIES. ENDS JAN. 22 @ 8.00 PM

OTHER BONUS ENTRIES:

Go to Change.org and vote

Tweet against CPSIA (copy @EllieandEve)

Put the "Save Handmade" button up on your site

130 comments:

Amanda A. said...

I love the Winnie the Pooh Blue Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt. My best friend is planning to do their nursery all in Classic Pooh; it'd be perfect!

Amanda A. said...

I have the Save Handmade button on my blog!!
http://babygiveaway.blogspot.com/

Lollidale Farm said...

The chocolate brown and blue butterfly is the one that stood out to me the most, though they are all amazing!!

I am steamed about CPSIA, too.

Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

I love the AMY BUTLER - ALEXANDER HENRY PINK AND GREEN BABY/CHILD RAG QUILT! It would be perfect in my daughter's green & pink bedroom. She would just love it. :)

The Savvy Mama said...

Hey girl! This is a great reason for the giveaway and I'd be honored to enter and keep businesses like this going!

Her work is gorgeous, but I like the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt best.

Keep up the good work!

blissnpieces(at)live(dot)com

Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

I tried to vote @ change.org but the page won't load. I registered but then it just got stuck. Oh well!

Great contest girl! great cause!

Unknown said...

Love the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt.

Anonymous said...

LOVE ALL the ETSY shops and everyone else who may be effected by this! We have the Save The Homemade button on our site
dana at babyluxedaily dot com

Anonymous said...

Oh, love all the Chocolate Brown and Pink designs Hudson Quilts has! Her fabrics are gorgeous!

Regina Moore said...

I voted and have the Save Handmade button on my blog.
www missginadesigns dot blogspot dot com

Suzie said...

Okay I want to put the Save Handmade button on my site but can't find the code to embed it. I already voted on change.org and as for what I think of her products....those quilts are amazing....I honestly can't pick just one. This truly is why CPSIA is ridiculous! It must change!!!!!!!

Carolyn G said...

I liked the Michael Miller Chocolate/White Dandy Damask Reversible Burp Cloth Set

KR said...

I love the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt.

Tylerpants said...

Great work! I love the Alexander Henry Traffic Jam Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket.

A Family Completed... said...

My son love's teddies, I love the Boyds Bears quilt for him. She has some really beautiful items!
Thanks for the entry
tonyamcrain [at] aol [dot] com

A Family Completed... said...

Im putting up the Save the homemade button up
http://afamilycompleted.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

The rag quilts look so soft and comfy! I also really like the stroller blankets!

Krista said...

My favorite is the Sandi Henderson/Amy Butler rag quilt with the cherries on it! It would be so fun for a little girl!
And I would pick a girl quilt because all my friends seem to be having girls this year!
teacherkrista at gmail dot com

By the way, I was talking to a friend today who has an Etsy shop and she said that the CPSIA just had another announcement that they will not be requiring home toy/clothing makers to test their products. However, if something they make gets randomly tested and comes back with lead/pthalates in it then they will be in hot doo doo. So I guess it will be up to the individual to trust their suppliers. Which is good news!

Brooke said...

I love the Alexander Henry Apples and Pears w/pink blanket....it's one of my favorite fabrics! Love it! All of her blankets are just way too cute!

This law just has to be changed!!

Thank you so much!

;-)Brooke

grannyvon said...

I love Winnie the Poo but wish I had the money to buy all of them. There has been so much love and time and thought to create these. ybutler@oppcatv.com

grannyvon said...

I am a subscriber and love this site. I would pick the boy quilt if I won. ybutler@oppcatv.com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

My favorite is the Pink Butterfly with Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt.

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I have the save handmade button on my blog.

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

voted!

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Leah said...

Hudson Quilts has the most amazing snuggly looking quilts ever! My favorite is the Sandi Henderson/Amy Butler Rag Quilt! Soooo adorably cute!

And, we're definitely not letting Hudson Quilts go under!

My beloved Dr. Ron Paul was the only member of the House out of 424 who who voted against this bill when it was made a law back in August. I love that he is the champion of the Constitution!

And, we all know that the CPSIA is unconstitutional!

That's why we just keep fighting the good fight!

Thanks so much for this giveaway, Victoria!

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Leah said...

Voting, protesting, you name it against this bill!

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Leah said...

And, I TWEETED:

http://twitter.com/leahita/status/1119880889

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Andrea Hatfield said...

I like the Pink and Chocolate Brown Paisley and Daisy Reversible Burp Cloth Set.

Kaycee said...

I love the china doll blanket. Its so unique. If money wasnt so tight right now, Id love to buy it.

kayceewilliams AT gmail DOT com

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

oooh I am drooling over the Chocolate Brown and Pink Michael Miller Pillow Fight Toile baby rag quilt! That's adorable! :)

Rachel said...

I love that quilt and I'm so sad she's closing down! I too, have a bow boutique and will most likely close down too. I hate it, so sad and I call them all sorts of names along with you!!! Thanks for this exposure on your blog, I hope we can win to amend this horrific thing!

3boyzmom said...

I like the Alexander Henry Traffic Jam stroller blanket! And the Alexander Henry Rodeo quilt!

Kim said...

Oooo- my fave is this: Alexander Henry Traffic Jam Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket

A happy heart at home said...

She has beautiful things! My absolute favorite is the Pink Butterfly with Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt! If I win, I would like a pink quilt, please. :)

ahappyheartathome (at) gmail (dot) com

~Susan

Anonymous said...

Eric McMorris Retro Baby/Childrens Rag Quilt is my favorite. The bright colors are happy colors.
traymona[at]aol.com

Janet said...

My favorite is the Pink Butterfly with Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt. Lovely.

gahome2mom (at) gmail (dot) com

http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/

The Dreamer said...

I like the ALEXANDER HENRY RED/CREAM/WHITE RODEO DAYS BABY RAG QUILT and the Alexander Henry Traffic Jam Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket. Both are crazy cute.

thanks

Adams006 at hotmail dot com

Sky said...

I love the Sandi Henderson/Amy Butler Rag Quilt. Stunning! Wowers...Usually I'm pulled toward the browns and pinks, and while I liked those quilts too...the greens, pinks and fuschias did it for me! Beautiful!

seeryusfam@msn.com

Sky said...

I've voted at Change.org. I've also posted about it on our local mommies board and rallying votes there too!!

seeryusfam@msn.com

Sky said...

I have the Save Handmade button on my sidebar!

seeryusfam@msn.com

Sky said...

I have the Save Handmade button on my sidebar!

seeryusfam@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Chocolate Brown and Blue rag quilt with butterflies and dots-thanks!
linjenals at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I went to change.org to vote-thanks!
linjenals at yahoo dot com

nape said...

I love the "Pink Butterfly with Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt." It looks so soft and wonderful--and WARM. (It's fifteen below outside right now.)

nape said...

I tweeted about CPSIA here:
http://twitter.com/nape9393/status/1121193231

Anonymous said...

I love the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt

summerseverydaymoments said...

AMY BUTLER - ALEXANDER HENRY PINK AND GREEN BABY/CHILD RAG QUILT so beautiful!! I love her quilts! I will have to get one soon! summrob1@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I put the save handmade button on my blog on the right side bar

britzy.wordpress.com

Aura said...

She really has some nice fabrics! I like the Alexander Henry Traffic Jam Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket

Anonymous said...

tweeted here... http://twitter.com/britzy2/status/1121373254

Melissa said...

I like the Winnie the Pooh Blue Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt...so cute!

judybrittle said...

I really love the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly/Paisley Rag Diaper Bag/Tote Bag. That is really a beautiful bag. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

We love the Any Butler/Alexander Henry Pink and gReen rag quilt.
Brandi
lawyer180@yahoo.com

Teresa said...

I like the pink and white toil stroller blanket.
TRigell at aol dot com

Nadi said...

I like the Eric McMorris Retro Baby/Childrens Rag Quilt.

treflea4 at gmail dot com

Misty said...

i love the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

noahandlylasmommi said...

I LOVE the blue/pink Confections Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket. Anything with cupcakes wins my heart :0)

Unknown said...

Well that just stinks..I can see why you are protesting. I love her things, especially the:
Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt

thanks for the contest.

janil said...

I lo ve the girl's one. I choose the Amy Butler, Midwest in the shop. Thank you for the cahance!

cal_rubies@yahoo.es

Kasey said...

Chocolate brown and blue butterfly is my favorite. Nice work. It all looks very nice.

Anonymous said...

I love the Michael Miller China Doll Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket. So amazing!

onlycancan at hotmail dot com

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Oh, my, the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly/Paisley Rag Diaper Bag/Tote Bag is to die for!!!!!

I have bookmarked her, cuz I would so use that as a tote bag.

thanks for sharing

ceashark at aol dot com

Samantha R said...

So many cute blankets!!! I think my favorite is the Winnie the Pooh Blue Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt.
sras7508 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Love the Chocolate Brown & Pink Butterfly & Paisley! So adorable! My friend in Florida is having a baby girl in May...this would be great to win for her!

Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

Anonymous said...

I Tweeted this, too!

twitter.com/acupofjoy

Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

Ilissa said...

This is great: Michael Miller Chocolate/White Dandy Damask Reversible Burp Cloth Set. I love damask!

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

My favorite is Blue and White Baby Aviator Reversible Stroller Blanket.

It makes me so sad that these wonderful businesses may have to close. I will do what I can to support them.

nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/kariellen/statuses/1126555092

nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com

Jayme said...

i love the Sandi Henderson/Amy Butler Rag Quilt. thanks so much!!

jayme[dot]bouwens@yahoo[dot]com

Unknown said...

Wow what beautiful quilts, its gonna be sad if this dumb law gets passed! I'll be SO mad because I much perfer buying from small businesses who make there products with love instead of bulk made items from overseas. I love the "Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt" Thanks for entering me.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love them all! If I had to pick, I think today I would pick Sandi Henderson/Amy Butler Rag Quilt. Such talent!!

Anonymous said...

i like the Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt.

fertawert AT yahoo DOT com

Anonymous said...

i voted on change.org. the CPSIA is rediculous!!!!

fertawert AT yahoo DOT com

Michelle said...

My favorite is the Sandi Henderson/Amy Butler Rag Quilt. Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

I love the AMY BUTLER - ALEXANDER HENRY PINK AND GREEN BABY/CHILD RAG QUILT. It's beautiful. I decorated my daughters room in those colors.
lisa
iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com

Meg said...

My favorite are the Alexander Henry Traffic Jam Reversible Burp Cloth Set and stroller blanket. The fabric is so cute and unusual. I think this could work for a boy or girl-thanks!!
gomeggo{at}gmail{dot}com

Jessica said...

I like the Michael Miller Chocolate/White Dandy Damask Reversible Burp Cloth Set

Jessica said...

I'm putting the Save Handmade button on my blog

http://themavensnest.blogspot.com

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

Chocolate Brown and Pink Butterfly and Paisley Baby Rag Quilt is my favotrite, its too late to vote although I did vote independently before. I can't find the code for the save handmade button

mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com

leah said...

My favorite is the Alexander Henry Entertaining Elephant Reversible Baby Stroller Blanket

Janelle said...

I love the Pink Butterfly with Minkee and Flannel Baby Rag Quilt. Thanks for the great giveaway!!!

Janelle said...

If I could find the code for the Save Handmade button, I'd love to put it on my blog!!

Goodies for Mom said...

I love the Alexander Henry Boys Stroller Rag Quilt. It would match the crib set we have.

Unknown said...

I love the Adorable Beige Boyds Bears Baby Rag Quilt Set! So cute!

Unknown said...

I put the Save handmade button on my blog.
http://adaywithtwo.blogspot.com/