Saturday, January 31, 2009

So today in the mail…the lovely lovely mail, I received two pairs of the most awesome, coolest looking shoes I have seen in a long time. And no they weren’t for me (I almost wish they were). These shoes were from Satch and Sol, a company that pairs up with artisans all over the world, using fair trade policies, to bring you the consumer some great looking and well made products. Knowing that the products I use are made by people who are treated and compensated fairly is a HUGE bonus for me, I don’t want to support unhealthy and unfair working practices. Back on topic.

Ellie received a pair of Satch and Sol boots, and are they gorgeous. I can honestly say they are unlike any pair of boots I have seen, and coming from me, well that is a lot of boots. They are hand-stitched too so no pair of boots is exactly alike…Ellie is too cool for school wearing an original pair of boots. I love these boots and so does Ellie. She saw them when she woke up from her nap and said “those for me” and of course I put them on…too cute. She clomped downstairs and proceeded to watch SuperWhy with them on; and then she ran around the house yelling “I have supapowahs”. When I told her that we needed to take them off she proceeded to take them of nicely and hug them, refusing to let them go. Alright, I think she likes them.

Eve got a pair of the Satch and Sol flower cut slippers and they are adorable. At first when I read that they were made out of felted wool I immediately though “huh?” because the word felt brings to mind flimsy. But, these slippers are anything but flimsy. They are well made, sturdy and oh so very cute. Right now Eve just sits and looks at them, then goes in for the chew…but they are going to be awesome when she realizes that her feet are more than just a chew toy. Love them.

So I have to admit to being curious as to the name of the company, so being the nosy person I am I asked…”ummm what exactly does Satch and Sol stand for???” Susan graciously decided to reply to my query rather than tell me to mind my own business:

“I have two boys - Solomon and Satchel. Their nicknames are Satch and Sol. Sol (Spanish for sun) is pronounced like 'soul'. At its core, Satch & Sol is a business that is focused on the family - items for families, in support of entrepreneurial families. So, it just seemed right to put my own family in the name.”

Well now I get it. Satch and Sol offers more than just slippers and boots; I love the hats and mittens that are offered, and the hand knitted sweaters look wonderfully cozy.

Now one of you will have the chance to see how great the Satch and Sol slippers really are! Enter to win a pair of child size slippers from Satch and Sol with free shipping in the US and Canada. TO ENTER: go to Satch and Sol and look around, then come back here and tell me what you like the best. ENDS FEB. 13th @ 8.00PM

BONUS ENTRIES:
* Subscribe
* Follow in Blogger
* Grab The Ark Adventure button and put it on your site!
* Donate to The Ark Adventure


187 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like the Bouquet Mary Janes. Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

I really like the stompin red leather boots.
lbroadstreet@tds.net

Ann said...

I absolutely love the pink tulip skippers! I would love to win a pair for my little girl. Thanks for the fantastic giveaway!
ann dot guns at mac dot com

Jessica said...

The tulip flower cut slippers are absolutely ADORABLE! Thanks for the giveaway!

jessrkynoch(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

The lady bugs are so adorable! What a great site.

jamie
jamielgirl74@yahoo.com

6 youth

Unknown said...

I have the The Ark Adventure button on my sidebar.
http://adaywithtwo.blogspot.com/

Reiza said...

The Olive Flower moccasin slippers are my favorite. I love that they're available in bigger sizes too, not just teeny tiny.
offthespaceship at myway dot com

nape said...

The boots are adorable! I love Satch and Sol's "Stomping Red Leather" boots.

Great giveaway. Thanks!

Abby said...

Those are so cute. I love the dog slippers! My little guy would love them!
abbyandygaige@gmail.com

A Family Completed... said...

I really adore the Ladybug slippers
Thanks for the entry
tonyamcrain [at] aol [dot] com

Anonymous said...

I like the grown-up olive mocs and the chocolate mocs-thanks!
linjenals at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I am a happy email subscriber-thanks!
linjenals at yahoo dot com

free indeed said...

Those boots are the cutest! Made of leather and suade too...looks like very good quality. The slippers are cute too. Never saw felted wool ones like the flower cut before. Cute stuff.

Annie1 said...

Omgosh I love the Peppermint candy stripe slippers!


Thanks


nancyrobster@gmail.com

Janet said...

My 3 year old is so into the color pink. I am picking the 10 youth/EU 27 - pink dogs. Thanks. Great store!

gahome2mom(at)gmail(dot)com
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/

Aura said...

I love handmade items and I'm so glad the CSPIA is backing down a bit for a year. Satch and Sol has adorable products and I'm so wishy-washy I'm having a hard time picking out my favorite. They don't seem to have alot of sizes in stock or a big selection of the mittens and gloves that are so cute or the pompom hair bows. My favorite slippers would probably be the bouqet mary janes for my baby daughter or the blue buds for my baby son, but then I would have to buy a pair of the tie wooley grey for my 5 year old. I guess if I win I'll buy the other 2.
aahaft at gmail dot com

The Behlmers said...

The Pink Blossom slippers are my favorite!
Thanks!
dcbehlmer(at)hotmail(dot)com

Leah said...

I soooo love the blue leather-rimmed mocs!! So adorably cute!

Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away and review and for being an "ARK ADVENTURE" MAMA! : )))

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I love the sunshine slippers.

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Stephanie said...

Love their boots but those grey dog slippers would probably be my little boy's favorite!
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

The True Blue mocs in baby size 6 would be a great win for my little buy.

msurosey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I think the pups are really cute

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Renee said...

Thanks for the chance to get these cute slippers!
I love the dogs slippers.

jenny said...

wow i realy think there all so neet and well please enter me infor this thanks oh also want to pass on some info if you use your feed list a lot it will solw up your p.c. a lot so its much better to get some ones bolg sent to your e-mail box thanks

coliebear said...

I love the chocolate moccassons. they look very comfortable.

lenz.nicole@gmail.com

Unknown said...

these are so original and cute. my favorite style of footwear here is the pink tulip flower cuts.

Author said...

Love their just for fun boots - would look great on my toddler :)

Thanks for this great giveaway!
callmeabookworm at gmail dot com

Helena Batt-Vesey said...

My favorite is the 12 months - chocolate with matching knit covered buttons. Thanks for the giveaway!

Sarah said...

This is a tough one. These are great products. The flower cut slippers and the maryjanes are too cute and the blue suede Buriat books are supercool.

noreen said...

blue felted purse (i like the pink but they don't have it for sale)

Melissa Butler said...

My fave item is a tie between the Ladybug shoes and the wooly grey bouquet mocs ~ cute stuff.

carolpie said...

I LOVE THE 4 baby/EU 19 - purple high cuts. But I also love Hitch and Tie and the Flower Cuts! So many choices! This site has gorgeous slippers! Thank you!

Linde-Tailored Tadpole said...

I love the moccasins for my baby boy. The hair accessories are great too. I would love to win any of it, really. Cool stuff!

Anonymous said...

The suede and leather boots are totally cute! Love them!

Lori said...

The Sunshine flower cut slippers, and the furry grey pup slippers are great for my kids. These are so cute, who knew they would be durable? Thanks

lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com

Nana*2*4 said...

The purply pink with scalloped matching buttons sweater looks so cuddley.

MaggieM said...

My favorite is the Raspberry and White Mocs, size 9 or 11, would be wonderful! I love their boots, too. Neat place:)

maggie@mannwieler.com

Anonymous said...

I love all of their products, the boots a phenomenal! The blue and grey dot slippers are so cute as are the spearmint mocs! Size 5 or 6

schadler28@yahoo.com

Ilissa said...

I loved the 12 months - chocolate with matching knit covered buttons.

justicecw said...

My son would love the furry gray pups. thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com

3boyzmom said...

I like the "Grey-Hitch" slippers for boys!! So distinguished looking!

Unknown said...

I like the Tru Blue Mocs in size 5. They would look so cute on my son.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Love the slippers! My favorite item is 1 youth/EU 32 - ladybug! I'm a ladybug fanatic!


LayDeeBugLove@aol.com

Kaycee said...

I love the Spearmint Moccasins! They look so soft and so unique! I would love to have them for my daughter!

kayceewilliams at gmail dot com

Kaycee said...

I have the Ark Adventure button on my blog!
http://gimme50.blogspot.com

kayceewilliams at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

The stomping red leather boots are so adorable, Thansk, Godesseablu@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Stomping Red Leather boots. My daughter loves boots and she would wear this all the time.

Eema-le said...

The flower cut slippers are my faves. My daughter would be so excited to put her feet in some flowers :)

Unknown said...

I would choose the 12 youth/EU 30 - sunshine pair! They are super cute and I know the little shoe diva in my life would love them!

sherri419 at gmail dot com

MonkeyBaby said...

i love the stomping red leather boots! of the slippers, i really like the grey pups!

Amy said...

Love the wooly grey tie. My little one loves shoes, ours and his own.

Anonymous said...

I love the knit sweaters! the green one is my favorite.
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

baby/EU 20 - bumble bee with white soles are so cute. My pick!
Amy (amyinkamloops *AT* gmail.com)

Anonymous said...

++++++ article bonus +++++++

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Anonymous said...

The raspberry joker/jester slippers are precious!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Steph said...

My favorite item was the deep brown leather Buriat boots with white leather trim.

judybrittle said...

The Black Sued boots are so cute. Those would look so great on my grandson.

Anonymous said...

These are all just so gorgeous. I love all the products. The Hitch Blue short tie boots are really cute in a size 7. Thanks for such a great contest.

Anonymous said...

I like the "furry grey pup" sippers pabav at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

love the 8 Youth/9.5 Womens/EU 39.5-Winter White Moc. garrettsambo@aol.com