Saturday, January 31, 2009

As I sit here wondering how exactly I am going to start this review I have a truffle in my mouth…a Mint Cookie Dough Truffle do be exact. YUMMM! Now, why should YOU care that I am eating a truffle…well because that is what this review is all about! I ran across the store Sweet Treats by Maryann as I was looking for chocolate…I love chocolate, it is tied with Coke Zero in my addiction category, those are all my top addiction. So being very interested in all of the great looking chocolates Maryann had pictured I asked to review her treats and pass the secret that is Sweet Treats by Maryann on to you…my readers.

So back to my truffle which has long since been eaten…I’ll pop in another one just to help with the writing process. The mint cookie dough filling in these are wonderful; it basically melts in your mouth and doesn’t leave that really strong aftertaste a lot of mint products do. The chocolate is smooth and gives a nice contrast to the slight texture present in the filling…perfect. Those truffles are good…and addicting, they leave me wanting more. And since I just finished my last giving you, my dear readers, a vicarious experience of taste I don’t have anymore…oh well there is always Maryann’s store. I now have my eye on the Peanut Butter Cups, Nut Clusters and Cherry Chip Truffle.


This is a special GIVEAWAY!!! because it is a package, not only will the winner receive a Basket of Sweets for their Sweetie from Sweet Treats by Maryann, but they will also receive a 6 gorgeous handmade and handcrafted Valentine's Day cards from Andrea at Take it Smiling! Andrea makes some of the greatest looking handmade paper products and she also does web design. To see her great work go to Take it Smiling. Here's a pic of the cards that you can win! I happen to love Andrea's Box set-la.

So...How do you win this great giveaway of chocolate and wonderfuly made cards? TO ENTER: Go to Sweet Treats by Maryann AND Take it Smiling and look around, then come back and leave me a comment telling me what your favorite product from both sites were. Simple really given what you might win!

BONUS ENTRIES:
* Subscribe to my site.
* Subscribe to Take it Smiling.
* Follow me on Blogger
* Grab my button and put it on your page

314 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I love chocolate! The peanut butter truffles look really good, so do the turtle bites, ok it all looks good! :) And Andrea's papercrafts are really nice, I love the Box Set-la and the Hello Card. Thanks for entering me!

Unknown said...

I'll gladly blow my diet to win this one!

My favorite from Sweet Treats by Maryann are the Smore Marshmallows. I can't tell you how much I love chocolate and marshmallows. My stomach is growling just thinking about it!

My favorite item from Take It Smiling, the web designs services she offers. I swear I was just googling 3 column blogger templates before I surfed here. Everything out there and free is so..blah. I like the work she's done for Busy Mama's Beading.

shel704 at aol dot com

Unknown said...

I have your button on my blah-blog:
http://auntiethesis.blogspot.com/

shel704 at aol dot com

ikkinlala said...

The Peanut Butter Cups at Sweet Treats by Maryann look amazing, and I love the Autumn 1 art in Take it Smiling's slide show.

ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

Unknown said...

Only one thing from a site filled with chocolate? I would love to try the Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites from Sweet Treats. From Take it Smiling I love her paper crafts! I especially liked the Believe Box Set.

taterbug said...

Sweet Treats - Peanut Butter Cups (yummy looking).

Take It Smiling - Paper crafting - Seasonal Series 'Winter'.

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity.

susan said...

Love. . .
Sweet treats: Snickerdoodle Truffles and Take It Smiling: Paper Crafting Christmas Ornaments Set II.

Shelley K. said...

Everything IS better with chocolate. I would pick the chocolate chip cookie dough truffle. YUM!!

Thanks for a great review and giveaway.

tskrush(at)cox(dot)net

DEBIJOT said...

Sweet Treats - Lucious Lemon Cookies. Take It Smiling - Autumn 1 Art.

KR said...

I would love the Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites nd from Take it Smiling..U just may have to start my own blog - cute designs!1

Tonya said...

I really like the Peanut Butter Sandwiches,well they look like I would like them:)mmmmm And the Believe Box Set.
Contest email is
tmw1223 at gmail dot com

Charlotte atb@lifesacharm.net said...

the Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites from Sweet Treat by Maryann looks special. From Take it Smiling, paper craft - the seasonal series is interesting!

Erika Powell said...

love the Double Peanut Butter Cups and the accordian scrapbook from Take It Smiling. thanks for the giveaway!

Jessica said...

I am a HUGE pb & chocolate fan but I'd love to try the Red Velvet cookies, they look delish! And quite Valentine-y!
And I love the Winter Sesonal Series is divine! Thanks!

jessrkynoch(at)gmail(dot)com

Shannon said...

I like the Smores kits, very clever, On Taking it Smiles,and her stampin up cards and the Peanut butter sandwich cookies on the Sweet Treat by Mary Ann.

Anonymous said...

Ilike the White Chocolate Hearts from Sweet Treats and Take it smilings Seasonal Series is cery cute.
mitanari[at]yahoo[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Beverly
I like the Snickerdoodle Truffle.
I like the Baby Shower Gift Set.
Both sites have really neat items.
Thanks for the great giveaway.

wofat1@lycos.com

Anonymous said...

Beverly
I subscribed to Take It Smiling.

wofat1@lycos.com

Anonymous said...

I'm a subscriber - thanks!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Anonymous said...

From Sweet Treats by Maryann, I like the White Chocolate Fudge.

From Take It Smiling, I actually didn't see products for sale, but I like the Christmas Ornaments II from her slide show.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Anonymous said...

from sweet treats, i like Toffee Fudge Brownies. mmmmmmm!

from take it smiling, i like the container she made for the table decor challenge. found at http://takeitsmiling.blogspot.com/2008/11/mdc-table-decor-challenge-part-i.html

texan_michael(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Anonymous said...

My favorite item from Sweet Treats by Maryann are the Nut Clusters (yum!). From Take it Smiling is the Seasonal Series cards. Very nice!

Many thanks for the giveaway!

Jo Bryan said...

Oh What to choose from Sweet Treats by Maryann, I nearly stayed there drooling! But the Luscious Lemon Cookies looked as it says ...luscious!
From Take it Smiling I liked the From One Chick to Another,

Anonymous said...

the apple brownies sound delicious from sweet treats and the seasonal series cards on taking it smiling!
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I'm subscribed to your blog
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

follow you on blogger
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

subscribed to taking it smiling
wonderfullymade729 at gmail dot com

nape said...

I'd love to dive head-first into a box of Sweet Treat by Maryann's "Turtle Bites." We usually make fudge and other chocolate candy at Christmas. I bought the ingredients, but we ran out of time and didn't make them. PLEASE save this year from becoming a "turtle" disaster.

Wonderful giveaway. Thanks!

nape said...

I'm an email subscriber, which is where I read about this giveaway.

Jackie said...

Oh boy...think I just put on 3 pounds browsing the Sweet Treats site! One of my favorite items is the Crispy Cups...Yum!

My favorite items on Take it Smiling are the Red and Black Card (Lady with Dog) and the Box Set 1a.
She does beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

YUM! The turtle bites look delish from Sweet Treats by Maryann! Andrea is very talented I love her style! She makes awesome box sets especially the ones with flowers on them!

Thanks !!

krista1127 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I'm a follower! (kristacular)

THANKS!

krista1127 at hotmail dot com

jceko77 said...

The toffee fudge brownies are my fave from Sweet Treats by Mary Ann, and the Enjoy pink daisy card is my fave from Take It Smiling
jceko77@yahoo.com

A Psych Mommy said...

I love the white chocolate almond brownies--yum! And my favorite from Take it smiling is her blog buttons :)

Tamara B. said...

Just love sweets and I love her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles, they sound so delicious. At Take It Smiling site I just love her photography!
tamben996(at)aol(dot)com

Heather R said...

I like the Peanut Butter fudge Bites from Sweet Treats. They look yummy! I like all the web designs from Take It Smiling.

hrracer at verizon dot net

Tylerpants said...

The Double Fudge Cookies from Sweet Treats by Maryann looks heavenly!

I love the Baby Shower Tote w/Thank You Cards from Take it Smiling.

leah said...

I like the 'Texas Sized Peanut Butter Cup' from Sweet Treats by Maryann and the cute 'Hello' card from Take it Smiling!

Nissa said...

I want to try the Chocolate Chip cookie dough truffles! (I'm sure yours were yummy, but I'm just not that into mint. :)


I also like the box set 1a by Andrea.

Thanks for this giveaway!

Lorri S said...

There isn't anything I wouldn't like! It all looks delicious! I would pick the Luscious Lemon Cookies. Something different :)

Lorri S said...

OOps! In such a hurry for goodies, I forgot to list both things I would like...Luscious Lemon Cookies and Enjoy Pink Daisy cards.

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

I like Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bark from Sweet Treats site and the Be Well card in the Paper Crafting section

juan_hurrican (at) yahoo (dot) com

windycindy said...

The Peanut Butter Truffles are my favorite from Sweet Treats by Maryann and the Seasonal Series Cards are my favorite at Take it Smiling. Thanks for a fantastic giveaway prize drawing. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

I subscribed to her Take it Smiling Site. I love it. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Steph said...

I like the Smores marshmallows and the Box Set 1 best. Thanks for the chance to win!

Maggie said...

Toffee Fudge Brownies, yum! I love the seasonal cards from Take it Smiling. Thanks for the giveaway!

free indeed said...

I can't resist chocolate covered graham crackers...yummy, or white chocolate pretzels...this is a bad site for my waistline! On the other site, I liked the seasonal cards of the trees...I have such an affinity to trees in any season, but her cards were lovely. I also liked reading the article about bottled water....it kind of blows the preconceived idea we have of it being better for us.

janetfaye said...

Sweet Treats by Maryann - Smore Marshmallows.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Take It Smiling - Chil Insulated Bag.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Whitney said...

On Take it Smiling I like the Christmas tags she made and on Sweet Treats I want/need those Red Velvet Cookies. Those were the first thing I saw and I am in love.

whitneyleann07@hotmail.com

chani said...

Toffee pretzels from Sweet Treats and Seasonal Tree series from Take It Smiling

chani.adams(at)gmail(dot)com

Jessica said...

White Chocolate Hearts are very cute (and I bet yummy) & Seasonal Series Cards are very nice.

Leah said...

I so love, love, love the Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers from Sweet Treats by Maryann!!! DELISH!!! And, the Believe Box Set from Take it Smiling is so sweet! : )))

Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away! : )))

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

Leah said...

And, I just subscribed to Take It Smiling!

Thanks again! : )))

leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

ky2here said...

I'm all about the the chocolate chip cookie dough truffle and the photo with the two kids on the beach sharing the red bucket.

Anonymous said...

The red velvet cookies look so good and are so unique! At Take it Smiling, I LOVE the gift tags she made for the jars at christmas! utgal2004[at]yahoo[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Take It Smiling! utgal2004[at]yahoo[dot]com

AmandaK said...

From the Sweet Treats by Maryann site, I love the White Chocolate Fudge since I just love fudge! From the Take It Smiling is her friend card. It's way too cute!

orchestratenoise0726[at]yahoo[dot]com

Stephanie said...

seasonal set for summer and traditional chocolate fudge. fingers crossed.
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Dumaurier said...

The Toffee Fudge Brownies look so good and I like the Seasonal Series Cards

Catharine said...

Sweet Treats: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies and from Take It Smiling: the Papercraft Christmas Ornaments

mar said...

1) Red Velvet cookies - my favorite
2) Take it Smiling - friend card - my favorite

thank you

Happi Shopr said...

I'm gaga over the Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites from Sweet Treats. And from Take it Smiling I love the Believe Box Set. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

janil said...

I love chocolate, i CHOOSE Wanna Be a Chunky Cups AND sEASONAL sERIES!!!
cal_rubies(at)yahoo(dot)es

terri142 said...

my favorite would be the lollipop bouquet for valentines Day, so cute

Deborah said...

Four yums for Sweet Treats by Maryann's dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I had a hard time finding products at Take it Smiling...maybe I was up too late last night?...but I did love the gift cards she did for the soup mix jars. asthenight at gmail dot com

judybrittle said...

I would love the Peanut Butter Truffles at Sweet Treats and the
Christmas gift tags at Take It Smiling. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love anything with chocolate..thanks for the great giveaway
csbondell@cox.net

Mar said...

love the chocolate truffles and the pak carry all bag would be great to carry a ton of them around

Anonymous said...

The peanut butter cups are my favorite.

adr1001025[at]msn.com

Mtlgrl4evr said...

The Peanut Butter Truffles look so yummy. I like the paper crafting especially the accordion scrapbook.

Marilyn said...

I love the lollipop bouquet for valentines Day, I'm going to drop some hints.

Amber said...

From Sweet Treats, I love the Apple Brownies and from Take It Smiling, her holiday gift tags are amazing.

Thanks for the giveaway and please enter me!

hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Amber said...

I love the Apple Brownies at Sweet Treat and I love the holiday gift tags from Take It Smiling!

Thanks for the giveaway and please enter me!

hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

marthajane said...

I'd love to try the Red Velvet cookies from Sweet Treat, and I really liked all the "seasonal series" cards at Take it Smiling.

Anonymous said...

I like the Peanut Butter Fudge Bites from Sweet Treats, and I like Box Set 1a from Take It Smiling.


lilnamekangelivy[at]aol[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Wow-your site makes me hungry, especilly the peanut butter ones!
Diane Baum
dianesmb@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I love the White Chocolate Hearts and the Hello Card

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

eyeslikesugar said...

The Red Velvet Cookies look AMAZING! I love red velvet. The Box Set 1 from Take it Smiling is lovely; I love that daisy. Thank you for offering this giveaway! eyeslikesugar [at] gmail [dot] com

jdine said...

I'd love to try White Chocolate Fudge from Sweet treats and I like the paper crafts at Take it Smiling.

Anonymous said...

I found the Blue Avocado Cool Kit
at Take it Smiling's site:
it replaces 13 plastic bags
to help me do what's right!

Then it's off to Sweet Treats
to see what's up,
where I fell in love with the yummy
'Wanna be a Chunky Cup'!

:)

riceburns at hotmail dot com

PAIGE said...

I love treates - especially sweet ones. Snickerdoodle sounds yummy. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Denise S. said...

I'd love to try the Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites from Sweet Treats!

Anonymous said...

My daughter would flip over the party marshmallows; I want the snickerdoodle truffles.

galeogirl at comcast dot net

Helen S said...

From Sweet Treats I would like to try the White Chocolate Almond brownies. Yummy! From Take It Smiling I like the Holiday gift cards.
helencutie06@aol.com

lfhpueblo said...

Toffee Pretzels yum and her Christmas Ornaments II. I am trying to make some of the Ornament Paper Card Balls like she has done. It's not as easy as it looks, but they look so great when they're done.

Miss Spoken said...

Red Velvet Cookies from Sweet Treats and the paper Crafts at Take It Smiling
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

White Chocolate Hearts, I like the "Being Green" section
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

techyone said...

The snickerdoodle truffles look amazing at Sweet Treats and the Christmas gift tags at Take It Smiling are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter chocolate truffles. what could be nicer? thanks for the contest.

Jackie B. said...

The turtle bites look awesome! YUMMY! Also, I like the Hello Card from Take It Smiling.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. My valentine would really love the sweets! Thanks.
Charlotte
charlottewinters@cox.net

NativeHalo said...

The Texas Sized Peanut Butter Cup sounds soooo tempting! I'm obsessed with both peanut butter & chocolate so...

Thanks for the chance!

theworldsmyspace[at]yahoo[dot]com

js22 said...

Apple Brownies from Sweet Treats by Maryann look yummy!

I love the Christmas gift tags at Take It Smiling

susan1215 said...

I like Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites from Sweet Treats and the paper crafts at Take It Smiling

sillelin said...

My absolute favorite is any peanut butter/chocolate combination, so I would have to say the peanut butter cups.

sula_nsb said...

Peanut Butter Cups looks YUMMY
the hello card is so cute
sula_nsb@hotmail.com

lyndapolston1975 said...

Double Fudge Cookies sound so yummy!

The Gift Tags are gorgeous! I'm so jealous of thes ladies talents!

Anonymous said...

Valentine Carda and Lucious Lemon Cookies...yummmy....

enemes78@yahoo.com

coliebear said...

White Chocolate Almond Brownies from sweet treats and the christmas ornament set II from take it smiling.

noreen said...

JUST ADDED Graham Sandwiches and the box with a huge paper flower in her papercraft area

Melinda said...

brownie bites look yummy....and I LOVE christmas gift tags..they make the gifts so much fun

Kt said...

Mmmm the graham sandwiches look yummy and all the "being green" posts over at take it smiling...her paper crafts are adorable too! thanks! kmsst19@gmail.com

Mysharona said...

I love Peanut Butter Cups,hands down.
I love the Hello card as well.

Anonymous said...

I can already taste the peanut butter pretzels offered by Sweet Treats by Maryann. Love paper products featured in the Autumn Series on Take It Smiling's website. Your website is a lot of fun - so glad I stumbled on it...

Sue S. said...

I would love the Chocolate Covered graham crackers at Sweet Treats. I've been addicted since kindergarten.

And, I'd love to use the services of Keep it Smiling's web design. (I've got a vacation rental in MB So. Carolina I need to get up on the web.)

Sue S. said...

I follow you on Twitter (dealite2007 is my name...spreading the word is my game. yah, I know it's corny.)

Anonymous said...

I would love to taste the Wanna Be Chunky Cups whjile I admirte Autmn 1

sharonaquilino at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I would absolutely be in heaven with the plain and simple chocolate truffles. I really think you can do no better than that.

I also really liked the thinking of you box set, what a special way to let people know that they are on your mind.
farrahcone@yahoo.com