Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ok, I know you are reading that going...what?!?! Did she just say "ORAJEL"...I know she isn't reviewing orajel. But yes, I am. Why you ask? Eve has been teething...and when I say teething I mean it seems like every tooth in her mouth is starting to come on in, ok well at least the first four, and since Eve has a delicate personality to begin with (I might have mentioned this already) this has pushed her over the edge and she is now Little Miss Cranky.



So with Ellie I didn't have this problem...I couldn't even tell her teeth were coming in until she would open her mouth and another would be there. According to everyone I talked to that was amazing and I was so lucky...apparently karma decided to get me back. So, since I didn't really have any experience in the whole teething thing, I went out and bought every teething remedy and ring I could find. I have used them all...and I still can't figure out why people think babies like teething rings? And why do they bust when kids with teeth put them in their mouth? I mean the fact that one of the teethers busted with Eve's "still hardly visible to the naked eye" teeth is only slightly ridiculous.



So, after trying out everything I bought (which was enough to make the cashier eye me like I was crazy) the only thing that has really calmed Her Crankiness down is baby Orajel. Now, she doesn't like the taste (and after tasting it myself I don't blame her) but other than that she seems to really appreciate it. Now, as you might be able to image from reading me...I had to try this stuff to see why it made her happy enough to go to sleep without screaming...ok, note to anyone out there...just because it says "baby" doesn't mean that adults should smear 2-3x more than the recommended does all over their gums, tongue and mouth. Let's just say I was doing the "just got back from the dentist" thing for a couple of hours.



If anyone out there is dealing with teething or thinks they will be soon...stock up on the Orajel...and save yourself some money learning from my mistakes...27 teethers, 3 mesh feeders, and countless more toys and remedies designed for teething...it was the $4.27 tube of Orajel that saved the day.

0 comments: