Thursday, January 1, 2009
So, as a joint present, Ellie and Eve were given the Chicco 4-1 Ride On for Christmas this year by yours truly; I passed it in the store and it was cute so I had to have it for the kids. When we opened it, Ellie immediately started saying car voom voom, and running around the house with the pieces (note to self and anyone else listening...always put together the toys that come in pieces before wrapping them).
Once it was put together Ellie immediately got in it and asked to be pushed around. As we started pushing her around she proved that she is not getting the keys to anything motorized until she is 30 and has her own insurance; she steers into the walls...a lot. So, I already knew that Ellie would like it, but what about Eve? Is 6 months too young to appreciate your first semi-solo driving experience? Apparently not. Eve loves being pushed around, if you stop before she is ready she bounces up and down until you push some more. The buttons and sounds on the steering wheel intrigue her and overall she is one happy camper when she is in it...and for Eve that is saying a lot. So overall the kiddos really like it...big surprise LOL.There are a few small things that do bother me:

* It doesn't have a little seat harness so it is possible for an older infant to lean too far to one side and tip the entire thing over. Now I should mention that the box says it if for children 9M and above, so Chicco probably assumed that they would have better balance by then, but a harness would still be a bonus.
* The handle bar for the parents to push is a little bit flimsy, I don't like the fact that it is kind of wobbly when I am pushing them around and taking easy turns.
* And finally the sound and music console doesn't actually snap into the steering where, it just sits there, so Eve and Ellie can take it out. It can be fixed easily enough with some adhesive.
Overall I like the Chicco 4-1 Ride On, I wouldn't suggest trying to take it outside for long walks or going off roading with it, but it is a fun, cute indoor toy for the kids, especially good for when it is too cold to take them outside to run off some steam.
Overall I like the Chicco 4-1 Ride On, I wouldn't suggest trying to take it outside for long walks or going off roading with it, but it is a fun, cute indoor toy for the kids, especially good for when it is too cold to take them outside to run off some steam.
THE ELLIE AND EVE SEAL OF APPROVAL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment