Tuesday, January 6, 2009
We are in the middle of potty training at my house, so of course I have 5 miniature toilets all
over the house, just in case Ellie decided that she needs to "peepee" right then. When I bought the Fisher Price Royal Stepstool Potty I liked it because it would reward going potty with music, probably a weird reason to buy something, but I was tired of having M&M's in the house and me eating them all the time.
I definitely have a solid opinion of this potty chair, I wouldn't say that it is my favorite or that it is my least favorite...it is right in the middle of the pack.
The Pros:
-plays music when liquid (or other things) hit the sensors in the bottom...this is great for me since Ellie doesn't like anyone in the same room with her when she is using the bathroom...the music lets me know that I should rush in right then.
-it isn't easy to get the bowl out, which is great since Ellie is in the "me do it" phase and really likes pulling out the bowl and trying to put whatever is in it in the big potty...I use a lot of carpet cleaner.
The Cons:
-the music sensors are very sensitive, I have woken up in the middle of the night thinking that Ellie went potty when it was actually the cat brushing by it.
-it turns into a stepstool...this is by far by biggest aggravation. You would think it was a good idea right? A stepstool to help them wash their hands. Not so much, it also helps them climb into the sink, climb on the counter, grab art supplies off the counters, and mess with the ice maker...just to make a few.
Overall I think it is a solid investment; it looks good, works well, is cute, and is pretty inexpensive. And just and FYI, if you do have a little girl the splash guard is a MUST, at least until they learn some leg and pottying etiquette. I was thinking about putting a picture of the proud pottier on her "throne", but I decided to keep those for the photobook that I whip out on her first dates.
Labels: kids, kids-potty-training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment