Saturday, January 10, 2009
Ellie was a big baby…when she was born she was an average 7lbs 9oz, but by the time she was one month she was over 10lbs. Eve was the same way, born at 7lbs 3oz and over 10lbs at one month. Like I said big babies. Now dressing a big baby is an issue…does anyone know how hard it is to stuff a big baby into clothes that are made for average babies? HARD. How my kids could somehow make stretchy cotton sleepers look like spandex flight suits still mystifies me. So when I had the opportunity to review Happy Panda, which makes clothes especially for the big babies I was relieved that maybe, just maybe I might have found a clothing company that believes in making clothes to fit the big ones too.
So for the review Ellie tried out a shirt from their “bones” line (you will notice that it is the “boy” shirt since Ellie doesn’t look all that great in pink).
I love the fabric, it is stretchy and soft, so it was very comfortable…and it is black so the fact that she dropped ketchup down the front isn’t noticeable. I love the “bones” design, I like to rock the girls out from time to time, I wanted to work on a Mohawk to go with it but the husband said no. So after a hard day of wear and tear I washed it, wanting to see if it shrunk, or faded, or frizzled and got those little fuzzily things all over. When I do the wash everything goes in the same way: large load, cold cold water, lots of soap and high heat drying…and the shirt came out looking like new…Go Happy Panda!
Eve got to try out the Valentine’s Onesie (and boy does she look good in red). This kiddo, who wears at least a 12M in every other onesie out there, wears a 6M in Happy
Panda and there is room to grow! At 21lbs and 7 months that is pretty impressive. Like the toddler shirt, the material is very soft and stretchy which makes if comfortable for Eve to wear. I love the little Panda face on the butt…while it isn’t cute on women, it is definitely cute on babies. Again, after a day of wear and tear, which included spitting Pears at breakfast and Turkey with Garden Vegetables for dinner, I tossed it in the wash. When I remembered to pull it out it looked like new, which is especially great since I had sprayed it down with Shout, Oxyclean and who knows what else in hopes of getting the food out.
So, what is my reaction? Buy Happy Panda if you have a big baby, hey do it even if you don’t…there’s nothing like being able to snap your kid into their clothes without yanking, squishing and trying to flatten out some baby fat rolls.
THE GIVEAWAY: Enter to win a Valentine's Day onesie. Click Here to enter.
Labels: baby, baby-clothing, kids, kids-clothing











5 comments:
Cute! I like the diaper cakes and would need a paci clip!summrob1@aol.com
I am a subscriber! summrob1@aol.com
Your little girls are sooo cute!!
I gave you some blogging love..you will need to go to my site to pick it up!
They are precious!
Both are cute and adorable..! I am too looking for a company which makes clothes for the big babies.
Post a Comment